Transfers & rumours 2018

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru
Trentin signs for Orica

Orica seem to be filling their boots with riders at the moment

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
It's even worse, when at the end of June, you've got all the national championships and all of a sudden riders are wearing different jerseys. It's particularly hard trying to pick out the sprint finishes and trying to remember who's wearing what.

I'm always confused when riders wear the national championship jersey (confused as in I cannot work out who is who, not confused as to why they can wear them). Why can't they wear the team jersey and national championship shorts ? Much easier to identify teams, and the shorts would stand out easily , bit like Tim Brooke Taylor in the Goodies :smile:

I'm always confused when riders wear the national championship jersey (confused as in I cannot work out who is who, not confused as to why they can wear them). Why can't they wear the team jersey and national championship shorts ? Much easier to identify teams, and the shorts would stand out easily , bit like Tim Brooke Taylor in the Goodies :smile:
"And there's the national champion proudly wearing his/her shorts..." doesn't have the same ring as "proudly wearing his/her national jersey"

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
the shorts would stand out easily
Only if it's been an exciting race.

Confusion reigning supreme in today's stage of Tour of Poland, with the Polish national champion wearing national champion shorts rather than CCC orange shorts, and he was also wearing the blue jersey of "most active rider"...

OP
OP
smutchin

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
I remember an old Dennis the Menace strip in the Beano - probably late 70s or very early 80s - where he copied the stars of the Tour de France by putting on a different jumper to celebrate each act of mischief he performed. Only thing is, he didn't take off the previous jumper before putting on each new one, so he ended up wearing so many jumpers that he couldn't outrun his dad and got a slippering.

There's a lesson in there somewhere.

Top Bottom