1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transformers...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by yenrod, 5 Aug 2007.

1. yenrod

yenrod Guest

Anyone seen this film - pretty bloody great !

2. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I see transformers every day, not so interesting IMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Citroen C4 advert is about the nearest I will get...:rolleyes:

4. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

The film is a great way to spend a couple of hours viewing excellent special effects but there isn't any well.. actual plot to the story, other than how many ways can we get the CGI bods to do yet another fight/escape scene.

Just don't expect any great acting. Or any great storyline/plot. Ideal for when wanting to spend a couple of hours watching something that you don't have to exercise any brain cells to enjoy. I know this because I have seen the film :rolleyes:

5. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

You mean This one?

6. Shaun

Shaun Founder Staff Member

Brilliant - I haven't seen that one before :rolleyes:

7. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

Do you mean, Trannyformers, Keith????!!!!!

8. chris42

chris42 New Member

Kids film??????

9. Cunobelin

Cunobelin Legendary Member

slightly OT

Brilliant - I haven't seen that one before :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

This one is slightly more tasteless!

Volkswagen bomber

10. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

There is no plot, no script, the mixing's all wrong so that it's all LOUD NOISES, and whatever was in the script is drowned out by EXPLOSIONS. But, still an amusing film, and I am glad that they kept the 'whrr whrr whrr' noise of when they transformed (that took me back to my innocent youth). Also, the fact that the original actors (minus Eric Idle and Orson Welles, of course) still voiced the characters. All in all 0/10 for its value as a film, 8/10 for entertainment.

11. longers

longers Veteran

A few weeks ago there was loads of stuff going on in Albert Sq in Manchester. There was a large robot (not sure if it was a Transformer or the citroen one) being driven round on the back of an electric trike with music blaring out. This attracted a gang of kids who followed it as it was only going at walking pace.

Then the music stopped suddenly and the robot charged towards the kids without warning. Bloody hell didn't they scatter! Very very funny.:rolleyes:

12. OP
    OP
    yenrod

yenrod Guest

WOW - a real transformer........:rolleyes:

13. longers

longers Veteran

It was pretty damn good, over 7 foot tall and made all the cool noises and everything. The bloke inside was probably a child as I reckon they'd have to have been under 5 foot tall or had a very thin neck.

My boss is nearly wetting himself with excitement about seeing the film.

14. ajevans

ajevans New Member

Firstly it's a Michael Bay film, which you can guarantee it will be completely and utter tripe.

I haven't seen it, but I have it on good authority that going to see it is like someone continuously hitting you in the head and flashing lights in your eyes for 2 plus hours!

15. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

What I cannot understand is how Michael Bay still gets films greenlighted despite his singular lack of artistic imagination or subtlety....he proves that money is the one and only guiding principle in hollywood.