Transformers...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ajevans

Melvil;33972][quote=ajevans said:
Firstly it's a Michael Bay film, which you can guarantee it will be completely and utter tripe.

I haven't seen it, but I have it on good authority that going to see it is like someone continuously hitting you in the head and flashing lights in your eyes for 2 plus hours!

What I cannot understand is how Michael Bay still gets films greenlighted despite his singular lack of artistic imagination or subtlety....he proves that money is the one and only guiding principle in hollywood.[/QUOTE]

Mainstream cinema has now largely devolved into watching flashing lights and loud noises whilst simultaneously trying to see how much sugary salty snacks you can fit into your fat gaping maw.

When cinema first came about, people were amazed at the feat of moving pictures, and then again with syncronised sound. We seemed to have regressed back to square one.

Mr Phoebus

Plucked her eyebrows on the way
Shaved her legs and then he was a she :rolleyes:

Big Bren

Adults complaining that the Transformers movie lacks artistic merit or subtlety. Hmmm - are you the same people who get your literary kicks from Harry Potter perchance?

Transformers is a kids movie. My 8 yr old son was transfixed from the opening credits to the end. Job done.

Bren

Melvil

Big Bren said:
Adults complaining that the Transformers movie lacks artistic merit or subtlety. Hmmm - are you the same people who get your literary kicks from Harry Potter perchance?

Transformers is a kids movie. My 8 yr old son was transfixed from the opening credits to the end. Job done.

Bren

Fair enough. But have you seen Pearl Harbour, sir? I mean, have you? That movie is not aimed at kids (!)

ajevans

Big Bren said:

Bren

Nope I get my kicks from a broad range of literary works. Harry Potter is no great literature, but at least has some merit in that it gets kids (and some adults alike) to read.

Transformers is a kids movie. Well it's a 12A, and would something slightly less moronic be more suitable for kids of an impressionable age?

If I had kids i'm sure I'd want them to watch something more engaging and intelligent than letting them zone out and drool to a 2 hour plus toy advertisement.

fuzzy29

I thought it was a good film. Sure, the storyline is a bit weak, but then so are most of the mainstream kids films. At least it didn't make me want to stab myself in the eyes with a fork, like Independence Day did!

Tetedelacourse

The other night, I saw about 30 minutes of the cartoon version of the film that was out in the 80s and it was a pile of shite in disguise. Put me off going to see this one.

Independence Day is one of the worst films I've ever seen. But it does show Jeff Goldblum riding a bike through an office, which is my number one goal in life.

Big Bren

If I had kids i'm sure I'd want them to watch something more engaging and intelligent than letting them zone out and drool to a 2 hour plus toy advertisement.

My bold, because If you had kids, you would never have said something so daft in the first place. That said, zoning out and engaging with pure, mindless entertainment is an entirely legitimate way for a child to pass a couple of hours during his summer hols. And he never drooled once.

My advice to you, if you're seeking worthy offerings with cinematic value beyond the vulgarities of mere entertainment, is to completely avoid going to see kids films about giant robots turning into cars. You're almost bound to be disappointed.

Bren

Top Bottom