Transporting a two piece suit to a wedding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Are you cycling to a hotel? Many hotels have an iron or a trouser press. For transport, a suit bag folded in half and over top of some stiff cardboard on top of rack should work. The cardboard can be zip tied to the rack. Then bungy on top.

rivers

How far can I go?
I cycled to my brother-in-law's wedding a few years ago. I sent my wedding wear with my wife who drove there. She was a bridesmaid and had to be there at silly o'clock, so I went on my club run and just carried on to the venue

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Put suit in suit bag, put some bubble wrap in the middle to resemble a tube, and roll the suit around it. Then, tie (loosely) to the top of rack.

This will avoid creases.

If no suit bag, use large black bin bag. I used to take a week's worth of office shirts like this when I commuted. No creases.

Twilkes

Guru
Formal wear? What's formal wear?
Rapha.

I once cycled from Shrewsbury to Manchester with two panniers of camping kit, hired a full kilt outfit including shoes from Slaters which I rolled up and bungeed to the top of the rack, cycled to the Lakes for the event, then continued on to Glasgow where I dropped it off at Slaters again. Broke three spokes and had to buy a new rear wheel at Winderemere. :smile:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
@Accy cyclist for suggestions? I'm sure he will have a tow along wardrobe or similar for his various ensembles! :smile:
I'd simply wear the/my stuff while cycling to the event. I mostly wear tweed which is meant for 'the outdoor life'.🧐 :rain: :cold:

1644492483909.png

1644492627124.png

;

Fredo76

Über Member
Wear it and take your time.
View attachment 630368
Oh, yeah! I once took a 2500-mile motorcycle trip looking for work. Had the suit shipped to me, and rode my motorcycle wearing it to an interview. Heard an "Alright!" from a double-taker on the way to the interview, and got the job, too. Too bad my new boss turned out to be a pathological liar, but that's a normal roll of the dice, here at least.

It's what people wear to weddings when the couple getting married would like their guests to dress formally on their big day and their guests respect their wishes :rolleyes:
Perhaps you don't get invited to such events but clearly the OP has been ;)
I'd use a different method of transportation if at all possible :okay:
oo - I'd worry about the future relationship prospects of anyone who bothered about that.
Maybe the sort of folks who think a string quartet a vital accompaniment to a wedding.
Beware the curse of the string quartet folks - the marriage is farked.

Top Bottom