Transporting objects by bicycle

Is this possible?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MattyR

Hi

I am looking at transporting 3 16kg wooden surfaces (1mx1m)
icon_eek.gif
by bicycle. Please can you guys help me think of as many different methods as possible (be as creative and Ingenuitive if possible
icon_wink.gif
).

I am willing to try any reasonable idea, using trailer, attaching a frame etc.

Thank you and good luck!

Koga

Put it on your pedal and walk !

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Many trailers won't be wide enough, you could perhaps modify (e.g.) a Carry Freedom Y-Frame by adding a frame to transport the surfaces perpendicular to the trailer bed.

Bodhbh

Guru
Hrmm...I don't drive so occasionally have these problems. If it was just 1 I'd lash it to a backpack and just ride like that - 3 at 45kg is a bit much tho. If you've got a decent rack, you could fill up the panniers with stuff up to the level of the top of the rack to make a large flat area, then lash them on top of that. Some racks may revolt at the prospect of 45kg+ tho.

I'm assuming this is a short trip across town, not a coast to coast? :laugh:

Bodhbh

Guru
Might I recommend the "I carried this on my bicycle" thread over at YACF.

Might give you some ideas.

Impressive thread there :smile:

Koga

Ok, since you may not want to put it on your pedal and walk....
Make a sling so it can hang next to your body (whilst over your shoulder) and take one at a time. You should be able to cycle quick and safe.

oldroadman

Veteran
Give them to the DOMESTIQUES. That's what they're for!
:laugh:.... Seriously (as serious as I can be, anyway). When I was a young kid and God was a boy, We used to have some friends at the seaside. The man of the house, lovely old George, was a window cleaner who worked with a bike and frame type sidecar for his ladders for about 20 years. Perhaps something like that would help, and could be a cheap enough thing to keep for future use?

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
It's possible to rent cargo bikes here in Glasgow. Have a search if there's similar in your area.

Top Bottom