Transporting objects by bicycle

Is this possible?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry what was the problem again, got distracted by these,

BikeLoadA.jpg

Brick+Bike.jpg

OP
OP
M

MattyR

Thanks for lots of interesting ideas!

A Tricycle seems like a reasonable option, or a bike like the Yuba Mondo which is made for specific purposes.

The questions for me really are speed and cost. How fast could a tricycle go in MPH and how much would I tricycle suitable for my use cost?

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
One like this?:
View attachment 30690

I carried a full set of patio furniture in mine the once.:thumbsup: (Not me in the photo by the way. It's my brother Doug.)
First names Mad, Last name biker!!

I've used a Brox 7 Mar 2013 to move a three piece suite in the one go.
But if you want to stick with the trailer, Two pieces leaning inwards, with the third in between them, held in place with firmly tied rope, or strapping. Using cling film, stronger than you'd think, at the top to prevent movement. Rope/strap passing under the trailer would prevent the base of the boards sliding off.
Or there's this alternate:
bike-pulling-two-trailers-in-snow.jpg
brox_large.jpg

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
First names Mad Doug!!
Not the same Doug.;)

How fast could a tricycle go in MPH and how much would I tricycle suitable for my use cost?
I'd hoped you wouldn't ask that question.:whistle: The trike I've pictured is made for professional use and would be pretty expensive even second hand (about £2000 for a good used one :blink:). Speed wise, expect 6 to 10mph depending on how heavily loaded it is.

A cargo bike like the Yuba Mondo (or the Velonom Prana which is from the same designer) would be about £800 to £1000 new. I don't know second hand availability or values.

The trailer suggestion is probably the cheapest solution as trailers are available from about £100 upwards new or one could be made for less if you have the facilities.

My wife is disabled and uses one of these:

GoGo%20Elite%204W_TriSpoke_07_08.JPE

She also uses a Bionx powered Gekko recumbent trike, butthe problem was that when she got somewhere she was very limited in what she could do.

Luckily this thing breaks down....

GoGoEliteLX-dissasembled.jpg

... and the separate parts fit into the Christiania trike

32063F89-4FB1-49C5-8D8C-A87A0290E715-11536-00000B1CD4230DD1_zps6c4393a9.jpg

So now we can cycle somewhere, go shopping or a day out, unload the scooter when we get there, and reload for the journey home

Sorted!

chriss2.0

me wantie that bike

The Jogger

Legendary Member
[qote="smokeysmoo, post: 2705194, member: 14998"]Sorry what was the problem again, got distracted by these,

BikeLoadA.jpg

Brick+Bike.jpg
[/quote]
I bet he was bricking it..

Top Bottom