Transporting Trikes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

byegad

Legendary Member
BentMikey, genius and philosopher! I bow down to your most valid reason to fulfill the n+1 equation at regular intervals.

Logs out to speak to the Civil Power re tyres and new recumbent trike......................

wafflycat

Got three adults and an ICE T in an A-class Merc. It was a bit of a squeeze.

PaulM

Guru
Roll the trike up the hatchback

I put one bar of a roof rack on the front of my Fiat Punto and then pick up the Catrike Speed, put the front wheels on the rear window and roll it up onto the roof. Then I raise the hatch to hold it place whilst I move round to the front of the car to tie the trike wheels to the rack bar. I secure the rear wheel with a flat "rope" to the grab handles inside the car.

This also works for an ICE T but wouldn't work for a longer trike which wouldn't fit on the Punto's roof.

byegad

Legendary Member
On Wednesday I found the Auris holds my QNT without folding the rear suspension. Just put the back seats down and with the front passenger seat slid forward with its back as far upright as it will go (it's a 5 door, the three would allow you to tip the whole seat forward to make even more room). You simply roll the rear wheel into the far left corner, swing the left wheel of the trike as far to the right as you can and close the hatch.

Night Train

Maker of Things
How about an extended version of a Witter ZX88 cycle carrier supporting the front axle of a trike to it hangs vertically on the back of the car?

I did try this with my KMX but it drags the back wheel on the ground so I think extending the carrier on a longer pole would lift the trike higher.

Last week I had three DFs on conventional roof bars and my tadpole trike on the rear door of my Merc E320 Estate. I used a Halfords cycle carrier and set it up so that the arm, which normally pokes through underneath the top tubes of DFs, was high in the air and almost horizontal to the ground. I lifted up the trike and laid the front axle tube on the arm. The rear wheel rested on the bottom bar of the carrier and the boom stuck up high in the air above the car roof. The trike was secured with a couple of velcro straps and we travelled without mishap.

Top Bottom