Travel costs in relation to your income?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
My employers were so keen to get me to transfer to another site they offered to pay my commuting costs for 5 years so I spend exactly 0% of my income on commuting too.
As others have also said, I now spend much more time commuting and wish I'd stayed where I was. My new commute is also a bit grim on a bike and, as they're paying, there's little incentive not to use the car.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I work from home and on the odd occasion when I travel into the London office it's "Expensed" so I spend exactly 0% of my income on commuting.
This^^^^

Slick

Guru
How exactly do you work out the cost of commuting? Does it included the cost of the bike or just a percentage?

Firestorm

Veteran
My rail season ticket is about 10% of my takehome pay.
My commuting time is around 2 hours 50 minutes a day and i only have a 10 minute walk at each end of the train journey.
Someone in the office has a journey of around 6 hours a day and pays 2.5 times my fare

Drago

Legendary Member
According to Mrs D, and ex colleague in Crapshire police has been moved to another role against her wishes.

She lives in London and gets the train to work, but in order to be in work for 7am she will have to catch the 2300 train, as the first morning train won't get her there in time.

On a good day she arrives home at about 2200hrs, leaving her a whole hour to eat, sleep, shower and get herself back to the station.

damj

Oh
According to Mrs D, and ex colleague in Crapshire police has been moved to another role against her wishes.

She lives in London and gets the train to work, but in order to be in work for 7am she will have to catch the 2300 train, as the first morning train won't get her there in time.

On a good day she arrives home at about 2200hrs, leaving her a whole hour to eat, sleep, shower and get herself back to the station.

This is horrendous, no one can keep this up surely!

damj

I work in a MASH, none of the cops seem to work anything like this. Hope she gets sorted

Top Bottom