Travelodge Oxford peartree?

• Thread starter Deleted member 121159
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 121159

I'm cycling to Oxford and booked a room at Travelodge Oxford peartree for a night. I'm pretty sure they'll be fine with the bike in the room, but has anyone used this particular branch so I know for sure? Unfortunately the only way to contact them seems to be over the phone, and I can't ring their number. Cheers.

Domus

Guru
Not used that one but never had a problem in any other I've used.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I have wondered whether they all allow bikes. A quick search suggests that they now do.

They obviously don't want filthy bikes in rooms though! Apparently, staff at reception are supposed to supply wipes and offer to help you clean your bike... I wonder if that is true? Perhaps they would chuck you some wipes but I can't see them bike cleaning if there is a big queue of guests wanting to register!

It would be worth trying to get a ground floor room to save the hassle of getting a bike to upper floors.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 121159

I have wondered whether they all allow bikes. A quick search suggests that they now do.

They obviously don't want filthy bikes in rooms though! Apparently, staff at reception are supposed to supply wipes and offer to help you clean your bike... I wonder if that is true? Perhaps they would chuck you some wipes but I can't see them bike cleaning if there is a big queue of guests wanting to register!

It would be worth trying to get a ground floor room to save the hassle of getting a bike to upper floors.

I can see that about Premier Inn here: https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/why/bike-friendly.html

But I can't see anything official from Travelodge, only anecdotes. I'm just going to risk it. Hopefully they won't try and make things difficult on Christmas Eve.

figbat

Slippery scientist
I can’t find a published policy but I did find this:
1703014979679.png

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Ah, beaten to it... I just found this on X (Twitter):

Travelodge policy.png

alicat

Legendary Member
I wouldn't sweat it if the bike is clean. They often don't have anyone on reception so you just take the bike to your room when the coast is clear.

On the Premier Inn website is says
Whether you want to keep them in your room or stored away safely by our team, the choice is yours.

Hmmm
SO what would the reaction of their insurance if a £x000 bike was stolen after they had "stored it away safely"

Mind you - if I had a carbon everything bike worth that much I would not give it to a receptionist at a Premier Inn to "store" - but the concept applies!

Top Bottom