Tredz

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yerteasoot

I have used Tredz for purchasing a couple of items in the past and generally they have arrived after 5 days or so. I ordered two sets of bike lights from them 12 days ago and they still haven't arrived. Now 2nd class from Wales to Scotland certainly does not take this length of time, even accounting for the light snow we had at the weekend. I emailed them to see what was happening and they just said they were dispatched on the 8th Jan. I feel like just cancelling my order, although I got. Good deal. I would have been as well going to Halfords. I'm a tad disappointed. Anyone else had a delay recently with them?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I ordered something from them monday just gone. Need to wait and see if anything turns up :tongue:

e-rider

crappy member
Every time I have ordered something from Tredz I have received an e-mail after 3-4 days saying that the item is out of stock and that they have ordered it (even though the website always says it's in stock). I don't even look at their site these days!

e-rider

crappy member
same old story with Tredz - I was lured back again with cheap pricing - I should have known better! This really is the last time, even if they are giving stuff away

Edit, a few minutes after complaining I recieved a 'dispatched' notice - perhaps that is how they like to work?

cuberider

Über Member
My last order had supply issues and took about 10 days. I was pleased otherwise and would use them again.

huwsparky

Über Member
I've had problems with them also in the past but ordered a waterproof jacket last week with the mindset it may not turn up, but it did, thankfully as it was at a good price.

Generally though I won't use them, all the other big names I've bought from there has never been any issues.

OP
OP
Y

yerteasoot

My lights never turned up though when I contacted them for 2nd time they did resend them by recorded post and I got them the next day, so thumbs up to them for that. Maybe it's more like the post's fault

cuberider

Über Member
I ordered some Cateye LD600 lights off them on Wednesday and they were posted the day after.
They seem to be a bit hit and miss.

jewbs

Regular
I ordered a tacx neo from them back at the beginning of dec last year. They said it wasn't in stock and would not be with them until early jan but i was ok with that so carried on with the order as the price was really good. A week later got a call from them to say it would be delayed further and did i want to carry on waiting or have a refund , i said i would wait, about a week or so later i had an email to say it had been dispatched. I called them to find out what was happening and yes they had received it and dispatched it and it arrived the next day. So i would say quite good service.

I mainly use tredz but their price match is a joke

They won't price match items that they have to order in even though it doesn't say anything about out of stock on the site.

A lot of the items they don't stock and they take your cash and then tell you there is a delay.

I mainly use them though as the customer service is top and they always try and help you out with delivery.

I have tried for 4 price matches

Bkool trainer
Pedals
Handlebars
Wheelset

Only one was rejected.

They have good sales

I use Evans for serving as they are my LBS but tredz and wiggle come first

Tredz first as you can't preorder items from wiggle. You are only alerted when they come in stock

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Now part of Halfords along with their Wheelies brand.

Wonder how Giant, Cannondale, Specialized, Cube and Scott are going to deal with that. Close the Tredz accounts, leave it the same or let Halfords sell them as well.

the peculiar thing with Halfords is they are opening "Boutique" bike shops as Cycle Republic yet make no effort to make them that much different to their Halfords bike stores even the website re-directs to Halfords.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/may/24/halfords-buys-tredz-and-wheelies-mountain-bikes

Top Bottom