Has anybody done business with tredz?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
I had the make and model of a set of mudguards I wanted and google showed that tredz had them in stock so I ordered them. A couple of days later I got an email saying there was a short delay in getting the mudguards from the distributor.... no big deal I thought. I then found a pannier rack that I wanted in their website and in stock so I ordered that too, only to get an email a day later.... there is a short delay.... blah blah. It's possible that both items were out of stock but they should have updated their website.....

I'll wait till the end of the week before I pull the plug.

I now suspect this is a usual practice with tredz, get the order and then get the part directly from the manufacturer.

IIRC Shinybikes operates like this.

Oldfentiger

Veteran
Yes, I had the same thing with a Mavic wheelset. Cancelled the order, and had to chase them for the refund a week later.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I received an order from them this week, I think I originally had an email saying that it was delayed shortly due to Christmas hols which was fine with me.

My youngest liked them as there was 2 packets of Haribo in them so it was a thumbs up from him!

vickster

Legendary Member
I did wait 3 months for a saddle, I had a voucher so wanted to use them and wasn't in a hurry. Turned out to be the most expensive and most uncomfortable saddle ever bought :wacko: but damn it looked good on the bike! :rolleyes:

potsy

Rambler
Same almost every time I have used Tredz, not a place to order from if you need the goods quickly.

Berk on a Bike

Veteran
I bought my first bike through Tredz in 2013. I ordered a few accessories too (sort of a newbie cyclist's starter kit) and one item - might've been the lid I wanted - wasn't available so they phoned me to tell me and we organised a substitute. Since then I've bought lights, tights and brake components from them without problems.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I have had a couple of things from Tredz, but have also had to wait far longer than other suppliers. I only tend to use them now to get a price match for another supplier.

Top Bottom