Trek 810 ST

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MiK1138

Veteran
anyone any idea how i would find out the age of this bike? Trek 810 ST Red Grey 7 speed Altura Gears V brakes.
upload_2016-11-23_18-35-32.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'd say with 7 speeds and V brakes about the turn of the century, maybe a bit earlier.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Don't know for sure but I think that colour scheme was mid to late 90s. My wife had the 810 in solid blue in 96 and your model came later.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
I reckoned about 99 the one in the pic is not mine, the one I have been offered is immaculate, any idea of value?

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Hard to say. My wife's bike was around £200 when new and even in immaculate condition I wouldn't pay much for it around twenty years later. The components were all very low end Shimano Alivio or similar.

£50? It's nothing special and whatever you're prepared to pay for it is what determines its value.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
Thanks GC that was my thinking, it really is in tip top condition for a bike of its age. the guy says I can keep hold of it for a few days so i'll give it a good clean at the weekend and take it for a spin.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If it hasn't been used much and really is immaculate I'd say up to hundred. After all you wouldn't be able to buy much for that new.

I see loads of these bikes down here, I have a bit of a soft spot for them having owned a few . They make good reliable, comfortable transport.

Last edited:

NeilnrLincoln

You can date it to within a couple of years by the headbadge. Trek changed them every 2-4 years, the different styles are shown (with dates) on the Trek website.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
,//.,,m

This is like the bike that TREK forgot been through a few archives including Trek and Bikepedia and cannot find this begger anywhere

If you just want a approximate date of manufacture look under the seat. On the base there should be stamped a date dial moulded in which will slightly predate the year of the bike.

OP
OP
MiK1138

MiK1138

Veteran
Going by the head badge its between 97-02, Gonna clean it on Saturday so will check the serial no. see if that helps. its weird TREK list 800's and 820's but no 810's

Top Bottom