Trek 9800

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
A friend in Switzerland has a 1995/6 Trek 9800 hardtail which she bought in the States in 1996 for about $2000. The bike has had a fair amount of use and is in need of some tlc. My question is, would it be worth while spending time and l guess cash fixing it up to ride again ?
I will ask her to email me a photo or two if anyone thinks it is a project worth pursuing:smile:.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Is this the one with the all carbon frame or the with ali lugs and carbon tubes? I bought one of the latter I think down here a while ago, it was very light.
Look forward to the pics.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Is this the one with the all carbon frame or the with ali lugs and carbon tubes? I bought one of the latter I think down here a while ago, it was very light.
Look forward to the pics.
I only have this one pic. but maybe you can tell which model it is

Attachments

• 2017-07-23-PHOTO-00000024.jpg
    2017-07-23-PHOTO-00000024.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 333

Noob

.[/QUOTE]
A friend in Switzerland has a 1995/6 Trek 9800 hardtail which she bought in the States in 1996 for about $2000. The bike has had a fair amount of use and is in need of some tlc. My question is, would it be worth while spending time and l guess cash fixing it up to ride again ?

I will ask her to email me a photo or two if anyone thinks it is a project worth pursuing:smile:
I have the same bike I can sell it to you cheap.

Top Bottom