Trek Clothing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi, just wondering if anybody has any experiences with trek clothing, i.e. the sizing. I emailed them as I had some fantastic customer service from them in the past and especially when buying my bike, and they have agreed to sponsor me for Amsterdame by providing me with all the shorts, jerseys, etc I need for the trip in exchange for writing something about the ride for their newsletter. How cool is that? :wacko:

Anyway, I obviously need to let them know what sizes I need, and never having had any trek clothing, I'm a bit stuck....

Can anybody help???

Tynan

Veteran
dead cool

try some on?

without being obvious

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
Tynan said:
dead cool

try some on?

without being obvious

Haha!!! Believe it or not, I had actually thought of that myself :biggrin: - problem being is that I have never actually seen any in any of the local shops (which might have something to do with none of them being Trek dealers ;))

jmaccyd

I would think Amercian stuff would be normal sizing rather than the tighter cut Italian gear. So if you are a 'large' in general sportswear then I would go for that rather than upsizing that is generally required for Italian kit. For example I am an XL for general sportwear, so would buy Nike/Trek stuff in that sizing, but for Italian (Giordana) I am def an XXL

OP
OP
punkypossum

punkypossum

Donut Devil
jmaccyd said:
I would think Amercian stuff would be normal sizing rather than the tighter cut Italian gear. So if you are a 'large' in general sportswear then I would go for that rather than upsizing that is generally required for Italian kit. For example I am an XL for general sportwear, so would buy Nike/Trek stuff in that sizing, but for Italian (Giordana) I am def an XXL

You really know how to make a girl feel better, don't you??? What's wrong with saying "if you are a 'small' in general sportswear"????? :biggrin::biggrin:

trio25

Über Member
Buy a Bike in Chorley is a trek dealer, don't know if they have any clothes but you could try ringing, it's close enough to ride to from Preston.

I've never seen any trek clothes anywhere, but I have been told that they are basically going to be the same size as nike clothes - nike are stopping making bike clothes but the rumour is that trek clothing is made my nike. In that case a size 12 is a large.

Hope that is vagually helpful

trio25

Über Member
I think it can be difficult to get cycle clothing if you are a size 16+ sometimes. I know my friend has a pair of shorts that are XL and she is very slim!

Nike shorts say that medium is 10-12 but I found they were too small for me.

Let me know if you find somewhere that stocks trek clothing I would like to try it myself and i don't live too far from Preston.

jmaccyd

punkypossum said:
You really know how to make a girl feel better, don't you??? What's wrong with saying "if you are a 'small' in general sportswear"????? ;):ohmy:

Oh sorry PunkyP, terribly sexist of me I assumed you where of the chap persuasion. I will be attending my Gender Awerness Recognition Training course ASAP

Top Bottom