Trek Domane AL 2 Size 58 - too big for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks, I'm 5'11 (180cm) with a 34' (86cm) cycling inseam. My wingspan is 5'9 if that makes any difference. The trek calculator recommended me a size 58 so this is the size I put down a deposit on the AL2 with the shop, the shop is far away from me so haven't seen the bike yet. Reading that you should size down and not up with bikes so slightly concerned the 58 will be too big for me now. Any thoughts?

1625161604638.png

1625161533162.png

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I'm taller than you but with the same inseam. I think you'll be absolutely fine on a 58. That's my preferred size. You can adjust reach by playing with the stem but I wouldn't think you'll need to.

Hi folks, I'm 5'11 (180cm) with a 34' (86cm) cycling inseam. My wingspan is 5'9 if that makes any difference. The trek calculator recommended me a size 58 so this is the size I put down a deposit on the AL2 with the shop, the shop is far away from me so haven't seen the bike yet. Reading that you should size down and not up with bikes so slightly concerned the 58 will be too big for me now. Any thoughts?

View attachment 596844

View attachment 596841
Have they got a 56cm in as well? Taking a spin on both would be ideal i ride 58cm and 6ft 3ins :okay:

Kajjal

Guru
Your in seam tends to be more important than your height when choosing the right size. Going purely by height I should be on a 64cm frame but knowing I have a proportionally shorter legs a 61cm frame fits me. A test ride would be needed to be sure.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
The joys of buying unseen and tried bikes
I am 5ft10" and inside leg 31 and would go for a 56cm but i would double check by trying both before laying a deposit down

OP
OP
W

weebeansysbro

Regular
Thanks all

Top Bottom