Trek Emonda Sl6 disc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
T

Tripster

That's the trouble, the Domane may not be as quick as the Emonda but for many it is quick enough, like wise the Emonda may not be as comfortable as the Domane but for many it's comfortable enough. In your case when someone requires a bike for "max effort for short periods" that would normally result in them choosing the Emonda.

SL6 in both models are in short supply mind you, Trek have no stock of either but you may find a dealer who has one that they bought as part of their stocking in pre season order in that size. The 56cm Emonda in both colours are May 2021 and the Domane are quoting September which probably translates to them then being the 2022 models! Sadly this is consistent with many bikes from popular manufacturers, demand has far outstripped supply.

At the moment dealers are pretty much trading of their pre season deliveries and as such they may still have some Domane's and some Emonda's to offer, even if they are not the SL6 model in that size.

Trek Emonda SL6 Disc 2021, is been transferred to my local store from another in the chain. Arrives middle of next week so looks like the deal is done 😊
Maybe its a 2020 in disguise !!!
I agree Paul that for comfort its the Domane but with overseas work & a family, my rides will be shorter and more effort than leisure looking at scenery and all day mile munching. It will be my more favoured morning Sausage butty & a brew run but I do enjoy that more on a autumn/winters morning. As @Kestevan says, I would never put racks or guards on a bike so that option on a Domane doesn’t matter to me. Hoping the Emonda is a real keeper 👍

Last edited:

Paul_Smith SRCC

www.plsmith.co.uk
Trek Emonda SL6 Disc 2021, is been transferred to my local store from another in the chain. Arrives middle of next week so looks like the deal is done 😊
Maybe its a 2020 in disguise !!!
I agree Paul that for comfort its the Domane but with overseas work & a family, my rides will be shorter and more effort than leisure looking at scenery and all day mile munching. It will be my more favoured morning Sausage butty & a brew run but I do enjoy that more on a autumn/winters morning. As @Kestevan says, I would never put racks or guards on a bike so that option on a Domane doesn’t matter to me. Hoping the Emonda is a real keeper 👍
That's a result as they are so scarce and normally stocking in pre orders are seldom 56, we normally only get offered 54 and 58. Larger retail chains often score over a solitary LBD like this as they share stock across the stores and understandable buy in a larger variety as a result.

I wouldn't be to concerned about it being an old model as they were scarce as well especially the disc version, not as bad as this year mind you. These days Trek and most manufacturers make enough to sell out as opposed to have stock left over that the end of the season.

The previous model would very easy to spot mind you:
557253 2020 Caliper

557238 2020

557239 2021

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tripster

That's a result as they are so scarce and normally stocking in pre orders are seldom 56, we normally only get offered 54 and 58. Larger retail chains often score over a solitary LBD like this as they share stock across the stores and understandable buy in a larger variety as a result.

I wouldn't be to concerned about it being an old model as they were scarce as well especially the disc version, not as bad as this year mind you. These days Trek and most manufacturers make enough to sell out as opposed to have stock left over that the end of the season.

The previous model would very easy to spot mind you:
View attachment 557253 2020 Caliper

View attachment 557238 2020

View attachment 557239 2021
Its the new 2021 in red/black. I was surprised they had a 56cm too as its probably the most popular size. It has the more integrated cables at the headstock unlike the previous 2020 model

Top Bottom