Trek madone BB90 bearing removal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gibster2502

Hello. I have a trek madone bike with a bb90 press fit bottom bracket. It has two press fit bearings pressed into the frame with a plastic axel shield in the middle. I can use the spring bearing park punch tool to remove one of the bearings (on the non drive side) as the back face of the bearing is exposed allowing the tools teeth to engage with it.
The other side (drive side) there's an issue. The back of the bearing is not visible as its inner diameter is the same as the plastic axel sleeve on that side. I can't get the park tool to grip the back of the bearing on the drive side. This means I can't punch it out! Didn't want to mess with screwdrivers etc near an expensive carbon frame! Has anyone ever experienced this issue? Any suggestions very welcome. Many thanks. Garvan

figbat

Slippery scientist
Doesn’t the plastic tube pull out of the BB?

I was going to fit di2 on my Domane myself but relented as I was unsure whether or not my BB would have to come out to help with cable routing etc. Plus I’ve done 4,000+ miles on it and figured it would need a change. It’s the same one- a BB90- and I just thought it better for the LBS to do it for what they would charge, so I’ve taken it in. And while it’s there they’re fitting the di2 for me as well! :laugh:

Top Bottom