Trek road bike advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

harveydevil2401

Hi,
I am new to the forum and looking for someone who knows their Treks. Have a USPS road bike I am trying to identify by model.
Thanks

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Hi,
I am new to the forum and looking for someone who knows their Treks. Have a USPS road bike I am trying to identify by model.
Thanks

We need a photo.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
According to the interweb its a 5900. Have you posted this on other forums,?
It won't be of much help posting on here as I believe this a US model and we are mostly Brits.
Use the pricing tool on eBay

OP
OP
H

harveydevil2401

Thanks for the feedback. Although US themed, the bike was purchased from a UK bike shop over ten years ago. Cannot find matching specs on the net but don't know if this is a US model with European modifications. Have the frame/serial number too but cannot identify with that either. It has hardly been used, was a gift from the ex and looking to sell and buy a two wheeled friend that will get some use with the money. Without knowing the model its hard to put a price on it - don't want to overprice/underprice. Will try and add a photo

Attachments

• IMG_2057.JPG
    IMG_2057.JPG
    281.1 KB · Views: 64

vickster

Legendary Member
What groupset etc. Best to pop it on eBay with an acceptable reserve and see where it gets to

It is the right time of year to be selling roadbikes. However, given you can get a new roadbike with decent spec for under £400, don't set your expectations too high :smile:

You could also put an ad on here in the Classifieds, you never know whether it may take someone's fancy :smile:

Why don't you want to ride this bike?

Good luck selling

OP
OP
H

harveydevil2401

What groupset etc. Best to pop it on eBay with an acceptable reserve and see where it gets to

It is the right time of year to be selling roadbikes. However, given you can get a new roadbike with decent spec for under £400, don't set your expectations too high :smile:

You could also put an ad on here in the Classifieds, you never know whether it may take someone's fancy :smile:

Why don't you want to ride this bike?

Good luck selling
Thanks for the advice. Ebay may be the way to go. Its a lovely bike - can lift the weight of it on one finger, takes on hills like they are not there but the riding position doesn't agree with my aching back nowadays and just want to change for a bike with more upright riding position. Would like to keep - but running out of storage space.

OP
OP
H

harveydevil2401

Have you tried flipping the stem to raise the bars?
I haven't modified at all but need a bike that is capable of going off the beaten track a bit more too.

Top Bottom