Trek Segafredo Trolling Ineos?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I know they are a foreign team, and are unlikely to win as they haven't spent billions buying up any half decent rider, but I think I'm changing my allegance to Trek Segafredo:
Recycled Jerseys

Just hope Ineos get sabotaged by some very annoyed aquatic life.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
It's becoming more used; my son's team next year is using ocean recycled plastic jerseys.

Drago

Legendary Member
Pro road racing does have a problem with its environmental credentials, especially grand tours. Huge convoys of vehicles preceding and following a bunch of guys throwing litter, shadowed by helicopters. Recycled jerseys are a start I suppose.
...riding carbon framed bikes which, due to the nature of the materials used, is very difficult to recycle, and impossible to do so for an economic price.

But then I guess most organised sport at any level the same once you start to scrutinise it.

But try as I might I cant be too hard on ineos. I drive a car, albeit very minimally, i own a fridge and a cooker, I take medicines with petrochemicals components, the tablet I'm using now is made from plastics and burning electricity, and every single one of us would have been dead long ago without fertilisers made from petrochemicals. Such attention would be better turned inwards on ourselves and our own needless and rampant consumption, rather than at the companies that enable our behaviour. Without the demand we create they'd have gone out of business long ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

...riding carbon framed bikes which, due to the nature of the materials used, is very difficult to recycle, and impossible to do so for an economic price.

But then I guess most organised sport at any level the same once you start to scrutinise it.

But try as I might I cant be too hard on ineos. I drive a car, albeit very minimally, i own a fridge and a cooker, I take medicines with petrochemicals components, the tablet I'm using now is made from plastics and burning electricity, and every single one of us would have been dead long ago without fertilisers made from petrochemicals. Such attention would be better turned inwards on ourselves and our own needless and rampant consumption, rather than at the companies that enable our behaviour. Without the demand we create they'd have gone out of business long ago.
Thanks! You've just stopped me buying myself a new carbon fibre-framed bike for Christmas. I had seen it as a way of carbon capture, although only a few kg. Now you need to tell me why a bamboo one is just as bad for the enviroment.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I think it's because Ineos (the sponsor) are a petrochemicals company and not in the least bit green. So using recycled stuff rather than stuff made from raw extracted hydrocarbons could be seen as cocking a snook at Team Ineos' sponsor.

Seems a stretch to me.

What about Bahrain McLaren?

The kingdom is based on oil as is the motor company in a different way.

If Trek Segafreda - or any other team - wants to have a dig at Ineos they need to employ faster cyclists.

OP
OP
BrumJim

BrumJim

Seems a stretch to me.

What about Bahrain McLaren?

The kingdom is based on oil as is the motor company in a different way.

If Trek Segafreda - or any other team - wants to have a dig at Ineos they need to employ faster cyclists.

I think you are taking this post way, way, way too seriously.

Top Bottom