1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tri bars added - underwhelming improvements

Discussion in 'Time Trial, Long Distance and Endurance' started by grellboy, 1 Jan 2018.

1. OP

grellboy Senior Member

It was of interest.....until I saw this!
    Dogtrousers likes this.
  2. Ah .. I did say I know nothing about the subject. ;)
  3. Milzy

Milzy Über Member

Mine go on mid summer and come off in the fall. They always hurt. Stick with them and you just hurt a little less and go for a bit longer every time. They’re just a total PITA tbh. It’s easier to just have a TT bike.
  4. OP

grellboy Senior Member

Moved saddle forward and done some very unscientific comparisons (on bars v on hoods) and seems to be definitely faster for same perceived effort and more importantly not painful so can now begin to sustain the position! So thank you for the help everyone! ☺
  5. If you are dedicated to TT'ing you could purchase one of these a lot cheaper I did a few years back and it seemed to make a massive difference.
  6. themosquitoking

themosquitoking Veteran

I like that.
  7. Aero bars take time to get used to, the same as anything new on a bike

What you will find as you start to get used to them is that it takes less effort to maintain the speed you rode at in the past and you will be more comfortable.

I am not a TT rider and so cannot comment on the speed difference.
  8. screenman

screenman Legendary Member

There is a bloke called Lemond who could tell you about the benefits of tri bars.