Tri Bike Fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

novemberdelta

Hi, I am looking for some fit pointers. Totally new to the aero position so sure I will have a number of mistakes. Thanks.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
How did you get to that position ? Is it how you feel comfortable ? Thats a question not an observation .
You could lose some of the spacers on the stem to get you lower at the front and then get your head tucked in so its not sticking up like a wind break but going lower may restrict your breathing so its a suck it and see thing . I'm not sure if you are rocking on the saddle or not , if you think you are drop the seat post a few mm . Having loads of seat post may look good but it doesn't make you faster .

Sharky

Guru
You look comfortable, so a good starting point. You need real on the road sessions to confirm control and ability to look ahead safely, then minor tweaks in position.

OP
OP
N

novemberdelta

How did you get to that position ? Is it how you feel comfortable ? Thats a question not an observation .
You could lose some of the spacers on the stem to get you lower at the front and then get your head tucked in so its not sticking up like a wind break but going lower may restrict your breathing so its a suck it and see thing . I'm not sure if you are rocking on the saddle or not , if you think you are drop the seat post a few mm . Having loads of seat post may look good but it doesn't make you faster .

Thanks for the replies guys.

I took basic measurements from my road bike, did a bit of reading then jumped on and tweaked to increase comfort. I feel ok, but I think I am just getting used to the position. I will experiment outside and see with the spacers/seat height etc.

screenman

Legendary Member
Sometimes a tri setup is different to your road position, saddle further forward I think makes it easier for the legs to get into running mode. There is a lot out there on the web about it.

Sharky

Guru
You might find an adjustable stem is helpful, to tweak the position of the handlebar position, rather than moving spacers up/down each time. Then when you are happy, you can replace with a stem with the required angle.

Top Bottom