Triban 3 b'twin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Teesside Cyclist

This maybe a stupid question but are these bikes the same expect the colour?
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-road-bike-white-id_8239800.html
http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-3-red-road-bike-id_8274036.html

I like the look of the white one but they're always out of stock. This will be my first road bike just want a second opinion on what size I should get? I'm 5 foot 10 according to the sizing I should get the 57cm.

Can't wait for them to stock up! I'm sick of my rubbish, heavy falling apart mountain bike lol it's draining cycling in this heat we have been having.

Regards

Widge

Baldy Go
Hi Mr Teesside and welcome.

No. They are not exactly the same but for the paint.
The Red T3 is the much celebrated outgoing model and is all but unavailable now. A few pop up now and again in various stores but you can no longer be sure of getting one.
It has (had) 2300 gearing - Sora front mech and carbon forks.

The white one (known by some as the T3a to differentiate it from the Red) has the same frame/wheels but not the carbon fork and comes with Microshift gear shifters at the same price.

The red T3 was a sensation for providing so much for so little...a lovely bike and a platform worthy of modest upgrading. I have one.
The white is a somewhat downgraded model for the same price.......but in reality......some people may prefer the microshift levers-plasticy perhaps-but they have the dual lever control lacking with 2300 which has a thumb lever to down shift from the hoods (works equally well if you don't know any better...but not from the drops). It doesn't have the carbon forks that the Red has....again......you won't miss them if you've not had 'em I suspect. Other minor/or cosmetic differences.

The hottest bargain in the B'twin budget stakes at the mo is probably the T5, but any of these (as well as most of the rest of Decathlons range) are pretty good VFM.

HTH

Best

w

PS - size 57 for 5f oot 10 sounds 'about' right. But, if you can, it is always a good idea to try before you buy and/or ask the store for sizing advice- especially if you are new to road biking.

I just bought the white one as there were no reds left, I really like it, Im a beginner so it really does the job for me, Im sure if I stick to cycling I will probably upgrade in a year or two but for now the white 3 seems pretty good.

Cyrill666

Hello from a fellow Teessider!

I've just picked up a red T3, delivered earlier this week, I've cycled about 30 miles so far and I'm very happy. I have a 60 mile ride planned for tomorrow morning, so that's the acid test I guess! There are plenty of red 54s available in stores across Yorkshire (according to the decathlon site), but no 57s :sad: Keep checking the site as they do seem to pop up now and then, I just happened to check at the right time. Whichever one you get, I'm sure you'll be chuffed.

Oh, I'm 5'7", and the 54 is perfect.

heather68

Hi I'm lucky to have got the red t3 a couple of months ago great bike , if I was in your position now I'd go for the t5 for an extra 100 quid if u can stretch the budget u go so much more for your buck than the white t3....I'd go for the 57, I have 54 and I'm 5ft 2

OP
OP
Teesside Cyclist

Teesside Cyclist

Ok now I dunno if I want the Triban 5 or red triban 3 lol I have noticed a lot of good things said about the triban 5 too but not sure. If not I'll just wait for the triban 3.

Thanks for all the replys anyways!

The red is a superior bike, if can you get one, get it now.
You would need a 57, I'm 5'11" and I have just bought a 57 but they've sold out now. Keep checking the Decatholon website, if they do appear again, they won't have them for long.

OP
OP
Teesside Cyclist

Teesside Cyclist

Top Bottom