Triban 3 paint match.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
After spending much of evening giving Rosie (my bike) a good clean, service etc I found no issues at all, everything working like a dream...pretty sure the missus thinks my priorities are in the wrong place and/or I'm having an affair with my bike though.

Anyway my T3 has a couple of very minor cosmetic scratches to the paint work; has anyone come across any paint or nail varnish or whatever that matches the paint nicely just to touch up the areas slightly?

Done a fair few miles on Rosie now; still working like the day I got her. Accepted that I'll need a replacement wheel set soon (T3 normally has wheel issues). All in all a cracking bike that punches WAY above it's weight, I've found no issues and it keeps up in sportifs/events.

C

go onto the triban2 site and post this question !

http://triban3owners.freeforums.net/index.cgi

HovR

Über Member
Found this in another Triban thread. Not a Triban owner myself so haven't tried it, but it's worth a punt!

If anyone is in need of touch up paint for the Triban 3 (Red), I have used "Bright Red" "Nail Paint" by BarryM (paint code NP 262) bought from Superdrug at £2.99. The paint match is very good. I applied it with a very thin artist's paint brush and it worked a treat on some scratches on the top tube.

Got some funny looks from the lasses stood around the cosmetics displays though as it took a while to pick what I hoped would be the best match. :becool:

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Found this in another Triban thread. Not a Triban owner myself so haven't tried it, but it's worth a punt!

Thanks very much for that..you're a star!! Sounds just the ticket, £2.99 is certainly worth a punt! I can always put it on a bit of paper first for a rough idea.

C

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I pointed Jazloc in the direction of Halfords (apologies for any offence caused on a cycling forum ;) ) Tool box red touch up paint. Cheap, easy to use and I found it to be a perfect match.

OP
OP
C

Chescadence

Thanks for all the responses; sounds good to me! I was thinking that Nail varnish might chip easy, I'll be near a halfords tomorrow so I'll go an check their paint first.

I know it seems a little OTT to touch it up, but if there's a paint that matches; why not eh?

C

markharry66

Über Member
Download paint.net take photo of bike, use colour picker which will give you colour number match with colour number at suppplier

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
For me, a bicycle isn't really a bicycle until it has chips and scratches on it.

I have to agree, every bike needs a few battle scars.

Its the same with commuters in their brand new Christmas present day glo jackets, I always feel they look better once they have a bit of dirt on them, no one wants to look like the new boy!
In my rugby playing days, I could never wear new boots, I had to rub mud on and scuff them up, it makes you look like a battle hardened warrior!

Top Bottom