Triban 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Fa Foodie , I was thinking of getting Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyre ,which both Wiggle and Chain reaction have them on offer and they are within my budget ,£38 for 2 tyres. Also they seem to have good reviews . Cheers

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Fa Foodie , I was thinking of getting Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyre ,which both Wiggle and Chain reaction have them on offer and they are within my budget ,£38 for 2 tyres. Also they seem to have good reviews . Cheers
Good price, go for it!

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Sorry mate , should have been Fab Foodie. Bloody fingers either hit two keys at once or miss one !!

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

are they really this good !

might have to try and find one locally and start grovelling for a test ride

Biggs682, I spent a lot of time agonising over road bike vs hybrid then Triban vs Carrera TDF,(wish Cycling Active had done the review earlier, would have saved me sooooo much research/worrying). After reading many threads online re hybrid vs road bikes I decided from what I read that most riders after buying a hybrid wished for or went for a road bike.Then I looked at the Carrera TDF vs Triban and really it was no contest , weight, carbon forks, looked good, (shallow I know),cost less and the Triban was the better package. The only down side for me was living in Devon there was no local Decathlon store , but i`m glad I took the plunge . So in answer to your question , yes they are that good and I still smile everytime I get on it .

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Just read the Cycling Active review of the Triban 3 , they gave it 92% and the reviewer liked it so much he has bought one for a long term test. Review said it " holds it`s own among machines that cost two or three times as much" and it came out top in the test.

D

Deleted member 20519

Just read the Cycling Active review of the Triban 3 , they gave it 92% and the reviewer liked it so much he has bought one for a long term test. Review said it " holds it`s own among machines that cost two or three times as much" and it came out top in the test.

Starting to save up for a Triban, I'll have enough money by December.

stephen.rooke

just been the local garage to get a copy of the mag. might pop down to decathlon tomorrow. should do me untill the end of my ctw 12 month period then i can get another bike hopefuly that wont get nicked

OP
OP
Alan57

Alan57

Managed to get 2 Vittoria Rubino Pro Folding Clincher Tyres for £31:30 inc free p&p as Wiggle had them on offer plus an extra 10% to celebrate the Tour de France . Result.

subaqua

What’s the point
eldest daughter has now decided that this is the bike she wants as her " reward " for getting all level 5s in her SATs. just not sure on what size to get her. she tried a 54 and needed the seat up really high to get comfortable, but a 57 she seemed to be reaching too much.

bigest worry isif she has a growth spurt and outgrows it quickly. she is 11 and 5ft 4in.

stephen.rooke

go with the 54, better to be slightly too small than too big. compared to other bikes of 54cm it seems to be a smaller bike overall. my boardman was 53cm but got the 54cm triban and its not as big

bluesky

Hi Guys, I read the CA article and am thinking of upgrading from my Boardman Comp Fi medium frame 18" (which I love) to a Triban 3. My first road bike! I can't get to a store and am v. confused as to what size to get. An 18" frame would be a 45 or 48 Triban. I'm 5'7", inside leg 31" and female. Looking at some of the other posts I wonder if I should be looking at a larger size? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom