Tribute to Sir Terry Wogan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
:eek: Have you told those Christians?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Yes he was a top bloke, good radio and TV presenter et. etc., BUT - it's all gone a bit Prncess Diana-ish. Wasn't there a long tribute on Radio 2 last week too? Now this on BBC1.. The cynic in me says that it's a good cheap way to fill air time for the BBC.. A tribute was deserved; just not an OTT one.

AndyRM

XOXO
Is there a reason these tributes are happening now? I'm not trying to be a dick and there's no doubting his legacy, but it was January when he died.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Is there a reason these tributes are happening now? I'm not trying to be a dick and there's no doubting his legacy, but it was January when he died.

Isn't it 50 years since he first appeared on BBC?

Anyway, I heard a bit of the R2 tribute. TBH, it was a bit self-indulgent. Were it someone with a similar body of work who had not been a BBC employee there's no way they would have had the tributes etc

AndyRM

XOXO

Anyway, I heard a bit of the R2 tribute. TBH, it was a bit self-indulgent. Were it someone with a similar body of work who had not been a BBC employee there's no way they would have had the tributes etc

Ah, that might explain it!

I suppose it's all passed me by a bit because I never really saw him as a hero or an influence. On the other hand I was genuinely gutted to hear Bruce Dickinson had throat cancer, whilst my friends and family don't even know who he is, the philistines!

Different strokes I suppose.

Yes he was a top bloke, good radio and TV presenter et. etc., BUT - it's all gone a bit Prncess Diana-ish. Wasn't there a long tribute on Radio 2 last week too? Now this on BBC1.. The cynic in me says that it's a good cheap way to fill air time for the BBC.. A tribute was deserved; just not an OTT one.
Mourning sickness is a bit endemic these days. I grew up listening to him / watching him on the telly, and it was particularly sad for me, when he passed away.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Complete and utter nobbery, BBC luvvies trying to cling onto past glories. Had it not been mentioned here it would have passed me by; as it was mentioned I had a search online. In fact it is prickery. Which is beyond nobbery, in case anyone was in doubt...

The BBC do seem to like sucking their own c^cks. So prickery is probably a pretty accurate description! ^_^
I did like Wogan but have said to my wife if god forbid she ever catches me listening to Radio bloody 2 to take me to Dignitas sharpish!

classic33

Leg End Member

BBC Radio 1, 2, 3 & 4 all first aired on this day, 30th September, in 1967.

Top Bottom