Tribute to Sir Terry Wogan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Couldn't stand the bloke , not on the radio or the telly.

U

User33236

Would've passed be by too had it not been posted on here but then I was never much of a Wogan fan. I'm sure all those oldies who grew up with him would've loved it though.

It always surprises me about people stating they have some emotional feelings when a celebrity dies. These are people we never meet. I, genuinely, found it impossible to get emotional even when a family member died!

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I enjoyed it. I loved Terry Wogan, he was the voice of my mornings for about as long as I can remember. My Mum used to listen to him when I was a kid, he was on the radio at work when I left school and I listened to him myself pretty soon after.
Much the same here. My Dad was a big fan so I was brought up with his radio show which I enjoyed to the end.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it

note to myself read all the posts before commenting

Jovial the radio host and tv presenter he might well have been but also very adept at tax avoidance due to legal loopholes and at being a scab (strike breaker). Not the sort of person I would admire.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Jovial the radio host and tv presenter he might well have been but also very adept at tax avoidance due to legal loopholes and at being a scab (strike breaker). Not the sort of person I would admire.
Scab? Have you come on a time machine from the 1970s or something?

As for tax avoidance, virtually everyone arranges their affairs to minimise their tax liabilities, including many of those who shout the loudest against it such as the Guardian newspaper.

Venod

Eh up
He spoilt my walk to work, a twenty minute walk with headphones, I liked the music he played but his humour was not my cup of tea and he could waffle on nearly the whole walk, I gave up listening, a mp3 player was my saviour.

Last edited:
Top Bottom