Trice advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
byegad said:
Err well... that was my point, seat height is a factor. I don't think I implied clearance = seat height.

I wasn't being "personal", but a "general" comment - my apologies if it came across that way.

When I was researching a replacement for my Trice I had ignored the Catrikes as the clearance was so low (Speed comes in at 2"). The introduction of the Expedition with its higher frame and similarity to my old Crystal Engineering Trice was at exactly the right time..

It was surprising how many trikes don't quote ground clearance, but seat height, and it can be difficult to assess.

byegad

Legendary Member
Cunobelin said:
I wasn't being "personal", but a "general" comment - my apologies if it came across that way.

When I was researching a replacement for my Trice I had ignored the Catrikes as the clearance was so low (Speed comes in at 2"). The introduction of the Expedition with its higher frame and similarity to my old Crystal Engineering Trice was at exactly the right time..

It was surprising how many trikes don't quote ground clearance, but seat height, and it can be difficult to assess.

I think it's my turn to apolgise Cunobelin, I did not take your remarks personally, but rereading them I can see why thought I had. I tried to keep away from comparative clearance measurement for the reasons you stated.

Top Bottom