Trick or Treat?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
We live set back from the road, So are usually untroubled by trick or treaters. Tonight however , a kid in a scream mask managed to find his way to our house. "No problem," thought I, "there's bound to be some Haribo in the kitchen drawer." Then l remembered Wiggle had neglected to provide me with any with my last order, and there was nary a Haribo in the house. Poor kid nearly had to settle to an energy gel & an electrolyte tab before I remembered the Mr Kipling Country Slices!

postman

Legendary Member
The wife and i with a couple of mates.We set up a pasteboard table.in the driveway.Then we hand out bags of sweets,hot drinks,tea coffee hot chocolate ,glowing wrist bands and hot dogs.We have been doing this now for four years.It's great to see the faces of the little ones and the older ones.Teenage lads are the best,they really enjoy a free hot dog.Great fun and we get to meet kids from the neighbourhood.One lad his sister and mother has been turning up for all the Halloween nights.Wonderful manners and a real nice chatty lad.i love it aged 63 i have a laugh with them all.Looking forward to next year.

postman

Legendary Member
1451481_10201692469332147_1682367739_n.jpg
I am the one without a neck.Grey fleece,what a crap picture.

We had a few kids at the door last night, and all were given sweets (I was a bit worried at times that Mrs M was giving out too many and there would be none left for me - haha), and all of them were very pleasant, spoke to us for a while and thanked us as they left - very heartening.

Much better than the days that kids were expected to "do" something e.g. sing a song, tell a joke, etc as that was shockingly bad.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
In this street we put a pumpkin out if you want them to knock, we missed some of it as we were out having broomstick flying lessons, but I we got a fair few before and after, you can also get a please do not knock here sign from the local post office for free if you want. One small child screamed and ran away when I opened the door (I felt awful and she got given lots once I had taken the cloak off and showed her I was not some ferocious beastie! :laugh:

Top Bottom