Trick or treat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

Dayvo said:
I think them throwing a brick through your window will wind YOU up more! :wacko:

true actually, hadnt thought of that, perhaps i wont do that then.:tongue:

col

Legendary Member
Four so far here,we make up 50 pence in small change piles,so it seems loads to them,have seven piles on the mantle piece to give out,three to go,but not a knock since seven thirty?

Melvil

Years ago I'd had my tea and would be doing my shopping the next day, so when the door went on halloween and the kids said 'trick or treat' I rummaged through my cupboards and the only thing I could find was a can of Tesco Value baked beans...I don't think I have ever seen a child look less impressed!

PaulB

Legendary Member
col said:
Four so far here,we make up 50 pence in small change piles,so it seems loads to them,have seven piles on the mantle piece to give out,three to go,but not a knock since seven thirty?

I'll be round in a bit. Alrighty?

col

Legendary Member
PaulB said:
I'll be round in a bit. Alrighty?

Alrighty then:biggrin: Its been good because the ones who have been calling lately have been young uns dressed as witches and good getups,with their parent,so its good,its the teenager bunches im not keen on,they only want fag and booze money with their hoody efforts :tongue:

Mortiroloboy

Well...I've just popped back into the office for a brew, all 'Q' on the western front , loads of organised kiddies earlier with Mums and Dads, but not too Many yoofs, apart from the gang who ran away from me earlier, but I knew all of them and they were only running to keep warm LOL!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I hate the way that Halloween has been Americanised and the kids now go "Trick or Treat"-ing. This is Scotland - they should be Guisers, and turn up and be rewarded for doing a wee party-piece.

No-one will get anything off me unless they're guising and carrying a turnip lantern (none of this American pumpkin nonsense).

Bah humbug (or whatever the Halloween equivalent is). :tongue:

Plax

Guru
Well, I was quite disappointed. Usually I resort to switching all the lights off at the front of the house and hiding in the back. This year I made the effort of buying a bag of sweets and have been freely roaming round the house with all the lights on. Did anyone bother to knock on my door trick or treating? Did they chuffin nora as like. I got quite excited by somebody knocking on the door, only to find Mr Plax had forgotten his key. He did have a takeaway and a pair of thermal socks though so I let him in.
I suspect the hail stones kept them all indoors. Hey ho, I'll just scoff all the sweets myself.

on the road

Über Member
No one rang my door bell or knocked on my window. Maybe they remembered from the last few years of ringing my door bell and knocking on my window and not getting an answer.

I never open the door to them, they stay there for ages and then finally give up, but I think they've got the message this year.

col

Legendary Member
Maz said:
I used to go penny-for-a-guying pre-November 5th.
Did anyone else?

Yes we used to make a guy and hang around the busiest places we could,we were on raf camps at the time and used to wait near the naafi sitting our guy on the path,used to do well too.

Top Bottom