Trick or Treat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Only had one lot round here doing trick or treat

bit weird as I opened the door and one of them said
"You're Mr Price"

I responded with

" and you are .............. a skeleton"

Turned out that is was a lad I used to teach a several years before - a kid from a large family - and I saw around the local park several time
He had no idea I lived there

Haven't seen him around for a few years now - hopefully he has a job and all that

D

Deleted member 26715

Do you know what a Merkin is? :blink:

Yes a mixed race of stupid people who live on the other side of the Atlantic who think they are always right & will invade anybody who had oil.

I also know what a real merkin is & feel it is quite apt

D

Deleted member 1258

We usually stick this poster on the door and usually get left alone.

Halloween Poster.jpg

Last year was our first Halloween in our new village. Turns out it's a big thing here with people making a really big effort. Kids from very young through to adulthood tour the village, collecting treats from decorated houses. People give and get sweets throughout the evening. If you tricky or treat your household also gives out treats. Very friendly night with different groups passing each other and telling each other of houses giving out that people might miss.

Basically it is a night when virtually most of b the village behave like they're actually friends, helping each other and complimenting the kid's costumes. I've never seen older teenagers dressed up and looking out for young kids from other groups. One kid went out a bit late and didn't get much, one older teen poured half his haul into her bucket. No connection with each other. It seriously made me feel like there's hope for society and people.

So now I'm a convert and not the naysayer I used to be! If you're lucky perhaps you could find a place that connects with each other like this. I saw it happen in Kirkcudbright a few years ago. It's places with a strong sense of community. We need more places like that!

Jody

Stubborn git
Similar in our village @Time Waster

I've always had a similar feeling to Phaeton but since having kids and seeing what lengths people go to (including rhr old and those that don't have kids) it's really changed my opinion.

Yes it's commercial bs but it's fairly harmless fun.

Top Bottom