Trick or Treat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Errrrrr....... :huh:

With great difficulty i assume.

A furry version of a certain european cap perhaps .... :whistle::whistle:
Doesn't bear thinking about!

D

Deleted member 1258

Seriously? You're under no obligation to let anyone into your house, nobody is forcing anyone to participate and kids asking for sweets is hardly begging.

Some parents can be very aggressive, and it is, like penny for the guy, a form of begging.

AndyRM

XOXO
Some parents can be very aggressive, and it is, like penny for the guy, a form of begging.

Pretty simple really, just close the door on pushy parents.

I guess it's different where you and @Phaeton live, but I've never seen it as a negative thing, or begging, though I am increasingly disappointed about how Americanised it's become. Bring back guising and carving turnips, that's bloody hard work!

AndyRM

XOXO
What is it then, there is no difference them asking for sweets as to me walking up to you asking for a five or ten quid.

But that is victimising the children because of their parents

Asking for a sweet as part of a hallowe'en tradition is hardly comparable to asking someone in the street for a fiver or a tenner. How often has the latter happened to you? I've been asked for spare change, but never that amount. I guess if you want to be pedantic about it, sure, it's "begging", but that seems like a pretty extreme take on the whole thing.

OK then, rather than close the door, ignore the parent, address the child. It's not rocket science. Anecdotal I know, but I've never experienced this aggressive/pushy parent thing.

D

Deleted member 1258

Asking for a sweet as part of a hallowe'en tradition is hardly comparable to asking someone in the street for a fiver or a tenner. How often has the latter happened to you? I've been asked for spare change, but never that amount. I guess if you want to be pedantic about it, sure, it's "begging", but that seems like a pretty extreme take on the whole thing.

OK then, rather than close the door, ignore the parent, address the child. It's not rocket science. Anecdotal I know, but I've never experienced this aggressive/pushy parent thing.

The current Halloween is a recent introduction, we didn't celebrate it when I was growing up in the 1950's and 1960's.

D

Deleted member 1258

Pretty simple really, just close the door on pushy parents.

I guess it's different where you and @Phaeton live, but I've never seen it as a negative thing, or begging, though I am increasingly disappointed about how Americanised it's become. Bring back guising and carving turnips, that's bloody hard work!

I closed the door on someone trick or treating a few years ago, the parent spent several minutes banging on the door and swearing loudly, in the past people have had their houses egged after closing their doors to trick or treaters.

Last edited by a moderator:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Yes a mixed race of stupid people who live on the other side of the Atlantic who think they are always right & will invade anybody who had oil.

I also know what a real merkin is & feel it is quite apt

Imagine waking up in the middle of the night sweating when the realisation you wrote that on a public forum kicks in.

Top Bottom