Tricross mudguards

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

question is do I try and get a 2010 model when the 2011's come out or will the 'new' version be worth it?
I kinda answered that one elsewhere. Until we start seeing some specs for 2011 bikes, it's tough to tell.

You might wait and get nothing but a colour change. They might even down-spec them (following exchange rate movements) so 2010 Tiagra become Sora in 2011, and you'll be losing out.

OP
OP
S

sibaldib

I kinda answered that one elsewhere. Until we start seeing some specs for 2011 bikes, it's tough to tell.

You might wait and get nothing but a colour change. They might even down-spec them (following exchange rate movements) so 2010 Tiagra become Sora in 2011, and you'll be losing out.

Agree 100% with Norm on this one.

With the pound as it it is at present it is difficult to see how the spec could do anything other than worsen. If you're not in a rush wait until they come out and negotiate a deal on the 2010 model.

When I bought my Tricross Sport, about 4 weeks ago, I managed to get it down to £765 including bottle cage, bottle and a couple of spare tubes. So you may be able to get a similar or better deal.

Cheers

Sib

potsy

Rambler
Some noises at work that they may bring in the cycle to work,so don't know whether to wait and see if anything happens at that end,would probably be looking towards Oct/Nov time anyway before I could get one.
Good point about the 2011 spec though,while I have no trouble with the Sora on the Secteur I would want better on a £850 bike tbh.
Sure I'll be mithering you more before I decide
thumbsup.png

potsy

Rambler
Oh and just to make the choice even harder just been reading about the new Crux which is coming out soon,

Specialized Crux 2011

To sit alongside the Tricross range, the Crux is Spesh's less friendly more competitive cyclocross steed. A lighter fork than that found on the Tricross and internal cabling help to show it's purpose.​

It'll come in two flavours, aluminium and carbon.​

Price range (aluminium only) from £599.99 - £999.99

6a00d83451f74269e20134850c44bf970c-200wi.jpg

Norm

Although I can see the appeal for many people, I'm not sure that I'd want something less friendly and more competitive. That's personal, though, for my requirements, my riding style and locations. My (well publicised) liking of the scoot is because it is a great all rounder, the bike to choose if you want a beast of burden to ride roads and tracks but can have only one bike. The Tricross (like many other cyclo-cross styled bikes, I'm sure) is a bike to choose if you don't want to think too hard about choosing, you just want to follow your nose.

Moving to a more competitive ride might take it out of the realms of the do it all.

That probably wouldn't stop my going to my local dealer to lick the thing, though. :laugh:

And I reserve the right to change my mind when I get a look at / ride on the thing. The internal routing alone is something which interests me, if they stuck disc brakes on it, I'd be swayed. :thumbsup:

I'd go for the 2010 Tricross Potsy. I too am undecided on which CX bike to buy. My choices lie between the Tricross, Croix de Fer and Fuji Cross. I popped along to my LBS yesterday and he threw the Crux into the mix. It looks lovely but I don't think it will have the relaxed riding position that I'd need for club rides and the odd sportive that I will be going for once I move over to Kent. I don't need full-on CX features such as internal cable routing as I don't intend shouldering the bike all that much. My new bike is to be a do-it-all steed as one or two of my bikes are going to have to go to make room in the new house.

Bill

Top Bottom