Trike Modifications

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3tyretrackterry

a couple of modifications i have made to my trike all homemade or using something in a different way to its origional use see my album http://photobucket.com/triker1_2009
any probs let me know
Ian

dataretriever

The front mech seems to be working ok with the new SRAM shifter so I'll leave it be. I checked the cable run and it was as per the ICE instruction manual, It must have been a knackered shifter.

I remember conversing with Helen at Raindrop some years ago some years ago - my first creation (Dragon) on my Trice is on the website.

wafflycat

Auntie Helen said:
I know for my Trice Q I keep trying to come up with a better rear light mount than the headrest which works with the rack/panniers on or off and the sidepods on or off. Quite a challenge! I wonder if your widget would allow a fixing on the seat tube at the top on the rhs for a rear-facing light (assuming you could fit it under the webbing).

lightmountonrecumbent.jpg

Minoura spacegrip carries the brackets for my two Cateye EL530s. Works a treat.

dataretriever

I had a spacegrip on the front but it kept vibrating loose no matter how tight it was on, I tried putting a piece of inner tube round the tube to dampen it but it didn't help. I now have a fenix mount which I broke refitting the other day after fiddling with the front mech. (dropped a hammer on it!) It holds the tesco Kree torch (discussed elsewhere on this forum) I use on all my bikes as front lights but will hold any AA maglite sized torch. It grips both the light and tube really firmly and hasn't shaken loose yet.

They do a simpler moulded rubber and velcro but that needs straight bars so wouldn't work on the Q, but I have that on my uprights and foldies.

wafflycat

I know some people do have that problem, but I have Minoura Spacegrips on both the 'bent and my upright tourer - have had for several years & have never had the vibration/loosening problem described.

wafflycat said:
I know some people do have that problem, but I have Minoura Spacegrips on both the 'bent and my upright tourer - have had for several years & have never had the vibration/loosening problem described.

Nor me, however I did ave problems with the SwingGrip.

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I've got ICE's proper front light mount which works really well.

I have now created an utterly genius 'skirt' for the back of my trike, which sports a reflector/light as well which is plenty bright enough.

The 'skirt' is made out of an old fluorescent vest with some poppers sewn on so I can remove it for washing, although the light is screwed through it (so has to be taken off to remove the 'skirt').

I feel MUCH more visible with this now and it saves having to put extra high-vis on my panniers.

sunnyjim

Auntie Helen said:
I've got ICE's proper front light mount which works really well.

I have now created an utterly genius 'skirt' for the back of my trike, which sports a reflector/light as well which is plenty bright enough.

Nice.
I've been tying a bit of flourescent material rag to the back because I notice that when driving that even a small area of flourescent yellow/orange on a something means it's detected (even if not identified) much sooner.

Somehow when you said 'skirt', I'd this vision of something pleated & chintzy

sunnyjim

Auntie Helen said:
Nope, I'm a regular down-to-earth kinda lass. Rough hessian or basic cotton with wrinkles for me!

I was thinking of it round the trike, not you :smile:. A bit like a loose cover -it would add to the comfy chair look.

Top Bottom