Trike trousers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seanthesheep

Hi, I have just been in my local outdoor shop to buy some clothes and got myself a pair of craghoppers kiwi trousers, it struck me that they might be good triking pants for use on cooler days because they are cooler than jeans to wear with a nice loose fit and almost all of the pockets have zips. You would need bike clips though. I can't test them as I don't have a trike yet, still saving up. What do people wear on trikes when you don't want to look like a cyclist?

plantfit

Guru
Usually just a big smile,

Seriously though I wear 3/4 or full length Ron Hill tracksters or similar, you need elasticated bottoms though to prevent insects, especially the stinging sort going up the legs and giving you grief, you could always thread some elastic through the hem at the bottom of the legs to make them a bit tighter fit but not too tight

Rog

urbanfatboy

Über Member
when you find out where to get some, let me know. I need some for my daughter
ThreeLegs-m.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
If it's cold, I wear Ronhills. If hot, then a pair of loose shorts. Inbetween (like today) I've got a couple of pairs of 3/4 length trousers from Primark - with elasticated hems.

They are quick drying (useful today!) and fairly loose fitting, and look ok off the bike. The pockets however are not secure - but I carry a bumbag anyway.

If it's cold, I wear Ronhills. If hot, then a pair of loose shorts. Inbetween (like today) I've got a couple of pairs of 3/4 length trousers from Primark - with elasticated hems.

They are quick drying (useful today!) and fairly loose fitting, and look ok off the bike. The pockets however are not secure - but I carry a bumbag anyway.

My favourites are the Endura Hummvee 3/4 as they have zips in all the front pockets, a velcro tightener round the knee.

The full length ones lack one of the pockets, but have a velcro tightener below the knee as well as at the ankle, so cinch in well

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
when you find out where to get some, let me know. I need some for my daughter
ThreeLegs-m.jpg

Good luck with that. She seems to have 3 legs ;)

If I'm riding casual, I tend to couple running shorts or tight boxers underneath some loose fit cargo shorts. Nice dark pattern hides any chain gunk I might pick up, and the pockets all button shut.
At speed on the bents, they do give the appearance of a Harrier Jump Jet, but its not so bad.

Last summer, I had some cheap 3/4 shorts with draw strings. They were elasticated on the waist, so tended to slowly inflate to bibendum proportions.

Dene

I wear Endura Hummvee shorts in the summer and have both the normal and lined Craghopper Kiwi trousers for the colder weather. The lined trousers were warm enough for last winter.

Arch

Married to Night Train
At speed on the bents, they do give the appearance of a Harrier Jump Jet, but its not so bad.

An excellent analogy! :biggrin:

3tyretrackterry

if the sun is blazing i wear ron hills or karrimor running trousers(Burnt legs are painful i learnt by experience) if the weather is ok just a normal pair of shorts or swimming shorts never been stung yet dont cary money as i never have any and my phone is in a pouch clipped to trike

Top Bottom