Trike wanted.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
As I’ve now sold the Borealis, I’m in the market for a trike. It’s gotta be fast, and it’s gotta be low, so if anyone’s selling a Trice, Sprint, Vortex, Catrike 700, Windcheetah or similar, give me a shout. I know there are a few on eBay, but nothing that tickles my fancy, cheers, Carl.

Ice Vortex on the bay!!

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Cheers Neil. Very nice but it’ll probably go for waaaaay above what I want to spend, plus it’s a 20 inch rear and I really prefer the 700 for speed and (imho) the looks.

What are you riding at the moment?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Something shiney ?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mike-Bur...300208?hash=item214046c3b0:g:xWgAAOSwi0RbDBkT

Cheers Neil. Very nice but it’ll probably go for waaaaay above what I want to spend, plus it’s a 20 inch rear and I really prefer the 700 for speed and (imho) the looks.

What are you riding at the moment?

The "Old" Vortex is simply an ICE Sprint , so the frameset should not be confused with the VTX .which is seriously lightweight .
Later it was rebadged as the ICE Sprint X series ….which means it has a higher quality groupset when built new in the factory .
The main frame +rear section + front boom and steering is shared across the current range
with the exception of the VTX and some sub assemblies used on the FAT Trike .
This fact might surprise you ?
The ICE Adventure model if compared with a matching spec Sprint must be a lot heavier ?
Actually think again ………
It differs by only the weight of a "Mars or Snickers chocolate candy bar" !"£$%^

FishFright

More wheels than sense
This P38 or MIG polished aircraft look Windcheetah was built from a raw casting kit and supplied by Bob Dixon AVD
However you may like to look carefully at the BB crank height and compare to a works WC BURROWS SPEEDY
Is it higher than normal or just the picture distorted ??

Not my ad , I just came across it yesterday . Also I'm no expert .

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Ice Sprint X with shimano steps E assist View attachment 414776

Very nice. Didn’t you have a steps access problem though, or have you moved? Really like the seat....the ‘Vortex’ on eBay has the old style seat. Mind you, it does fold which could come in handy as I now drive a Mini SD, so I’d struggle to fit a Catrike 700 in without some serious stripping down methinks.

Very nice. Didn’t you have a steps access problem though, or have you moved? Really like the seat....the ‘Vortex’ on eBay has the old style seat. Mind you, it does fold which could come in handy as I now drive a Mini SD, so I’d struggle to fit a Catrike 700 in without some serious stripping down methinks.
Ok for house access ,there is a sprint 26 on the bay but rigid frame vortex all the way!! got to be worth a cheeky bid

Top Bottom