Trip Down Memory Lane with this Yellow Pages Ad - Anyone remember it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Yes I remember it.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Showing my age now, yes I remember it.
Pfft - I was already 27 when that was on the telly! :thumbsup:

The roads were quiet like that when I got my first bike in the 1960s. My parents insisted that I pass the Cycling Proficiency Test (aged 9 or 10) but after that they were happy to let me ride unaccompanied on Coventry's streets. You probably wouldn't be happy letting a 9 year old do that now with modern traffic conditions!

OP
OP
Alembicbassman

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
...and 12 months later he wanted a BMX :laugh:

82%20Tough%20Burner.jpg

kerndog

...and 12 months later he wanted a BMX :laugh:

82%20Tough%20Burner.jpg

I had one of those, but in yellow. Banana Burner. Loved that bike.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
1983, that's the year we got married! Seems like yesterday!
Yellow Pages... eeeh, do you remember when we had to walk to a telephone box outside to ring people up to ask them things.....and if you were lucky there would be a big book with lots of telephone numbers and addresses in... press A to dial and put the money in and B to connect when people said hello... and you could reverse the charges if it was your mum. Them were t' days.

Durian

Über Member
1983, that's the year we got married! Seems like yesterday!
Yellow Pages... eeeh, do you remember when we had to walk to a telephone box outside to ring people up to ask them things.....and if you were lucky there would be a big book with lots of telephone numbers and addresses in... press A to dial and put the money in and B to connect when people said hello... and you could reverse the charges if it was your mum. Them were t' days.

I loved the smell of the old telephone boxes. Apart from when people had pissed in them of course.

Top Bottom