Trip to collect a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
I had to go to Gravesend today to collect a road bike I bought on Ebay. Harlow to Gravesend, 30 odd miles motorway and major dual carriageway all the way. That's the theory. However today there just had to be a fatal accident on the M25 causing it to be closed. Fortunately I heard it on the radio whilst on the M11 so decided to run through London to the Blackwall Tunnel. I think half the cars and lorries in the south east decided the same thing. It didn't help being the evening rush hour as well. From the M11/A406 junction to the Blackwall tunnel, nearly 3 hours. Wasn't too bad south of the river and we had a clear run through to Gravesend. Coming home we used the M25 anti clockwise. From not far north of the Dartford Crossing all the way almost back to the M11, traffic on the clockwise lanes was almost at a standstill. Mile after mile as I sped northwards. There was also a taleback of a few miles of people trying to get off the M25 onto the A12. Essentially it was chaos everywhere.

Then when I think about it rationally, it's easy to moan and groan but some family tonight is grieving and a couple of other people involved in the accident are fighting for their lives. It puts it in perspective. To me anyway.

Dave 123

Legendary Member
I once worked for some rich bitch who was in a big old jam like this due to a fatality. She mouthed off to a plod........

He gave her what for, both barrels!

It's always a sad day for someone somewhere....

Top Bottom