Tripadvisor Reviews unbelievable.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I view these sites as the perfect platform for crowd-sourced humour. Stuff like Ben Nevis "lacking fine dining", and the
(always hilarious) stories of guys taking someone "Up the Oxo Tower".

Are they supposed to be useful?

Milkfloat

An Peanut
A bacon sandwich can never be bad.
Pleeeeeeaaaase, if the bacon is that bad that you need to disguise the taste then at least use brown sauce, although I am partial to a dab of sweet chilli on occasion.

Pleeeeeeaaaase, if the bacon is that bad that you need to disguise the taste then at least use brown sauce, although I am partial to a dab of sweet chilli on occasion.

There's classy! You'll be having avocado sandwiches next.

Brown sauce is for a fried egg sandwich.

Either sauce is suitable for a bacon and egg roll.

Themz the roolz! :rolleyes:

pawl

Legendary Member
A few years back my local pub got a bad review, not because the food and service was bad, but because the customer had problems opening a ketchup sachet, which was a Heinz one.:ohmy:

If I posted a negative review every time a couldn’t open one of those announcers sachets I’d have repetitive strain injury ✍️✍️✍️

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
I just check TA for amusement. The sight I do check before using any cafe , coffee shop ,takeaway etc is scores on the doors . Two of our club run 11's stops have low scores a 1 and 2 , one has no nearby alternative so I go out on my own . The second a small independent coffee shop only rates a 1 but it has a costa (5) next door . I just tell my club mates I prefer Costa . While I sit in Costa usually on my own ,I think of the Billy Connolly joke about calling Hughy and Ralph down the big white telephone.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
There is some comedy gold on TA.
A guest house in Blackpool was famous some years ago when it had basically half glowing reviews of 5 blobs, and then the other half were 1 blob assassinations.
The one blobs were SO telling... people stating that you had to leave your car and keys with Bob the car park man and it stayed blocked in for the duration of the stay. A 9 course dinner included a thimble of grapefruit juice and a roll and butter as two separate "courses". The main meal was Birds Eye frozen beef slices in gravy with tinned mixed veg. The hotel was cash only as the "machine was broken" and seemed to have been for 3 years. The owners sarcastic, snide replies to these reviews were hilarious and would put you off on their own. "All my 5 star reviews prove you are a liar!" he would say.
It turned out he was bribing quiet old henpecked OAPs to say something nice on a review DURING the stay or they'd be thrown out. He would literally stand over them in the lounge and tell them what to say! 😄
Unfortunately it was shut down a couple of years ago by health inspectors.

If you want to read some great reviews check out the Fawlty Towers guesthouse in Great Yarmouth. At least the name hints at how disastrous a stay will be, you can't say you weren't warned.

Remember this Blackpool hotel that was charging guests who left bad reviews £100?
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...e-bad-hotel-review-charged-blackpool-broadway

Top Bottom