Triumph Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ozzie770

I got this Triumph Ladies bike thrown in when I got my Raleigh Esquire, does anybody know what model it is, as I am thinking of breaking it down and selling the bits... The rear SA shows it as a 1966.. The Frame number is 83** FF
The rims are Dunlop and not bad condition for age, though a couple of spokes are needed on the front
upload_2017-9-27_15-54-16.png

upload_2017-9-27_15-54-47.png

upload_2017-9-27_15-55-27.png

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Ozzie770 no idea what model but look at the vcc library you have a rough yr ie the hub try google searching from there

imho it would be a shame to break it down as it looks like it wouldnt need much to get it ride able and enjoyable

Drago

Legendary Member
A good strip, a rub with Barkeepers Friend to remove the rust, a good wax, lube and careful reassemble and that'll be ready for another 50 years of useful service.

OP
OP
Ozzie770

Ozzie770

Had plenty of experience of restoring old Motobecane Cycle Motors, but was wondering on this one whether people take off the front metal badge, prior to respraying.
Just asking as the rivet seems very small and I want to know if i can get replacements. (Don't want to risk the vasaline route unless totally neccessary).

OP
OP
Ozzie770

Ozzie770

Continuing this thread in my new restoration one https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/triumph-tenerife-restoration.225129/

wonderdog

Someone on this site told me only a few days back that Dave Marsh Cycles was the go to shop for the little rivets you seek. They're apparently also full bottle on Carlton cycle history. I tried to contact them armed with that knowledge but have yet to hear back - perhaps I'm too far away. If you manage to score some, double your order and I'll take the extras from you with generous financial exchange. Ever hopeful.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Marsh-Cycles/1452562351664971

Top Bottom