Triumph Team Leader

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Do you think that this frame is the same near enough as the BSA?

Last edited:

southcoast

Über Member
The lugs look nicer on the Tour De France. Also you need to be careful buying a bike with a bolt on stand, as they can damage the chain stays. Less chance of damaging the BSA of course because of the thicker tubing.

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Thanks.

I also meant to ask if the frame looks larger on the triumph, it’s difficult to tell on the available photo.

Yes the Triumph frame is bigger. There is a difference in the ages of the two models. Your BSA is an earlier model with steel bars , stem and cranks. There is also a variation in the seat stay ends which are fluted. It seems as though they were fashionable at some time .
I think they are basically the same frame though .

OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Yes the Triumph frame is bigger. There is a difference in the ages of the two models. Your BSA is an earlier model with steel bars , stem and cranks. There is also a variation in the seat stay ends which are fluted. It seems as though they were fashionable at some time .
I think they are basically the same frame though .
Thanks, I seem to have a liking for these budget bikes, this one is for sale I might get it as another project. I like the head badge.

I would guess that the frame is a 24 inch .

Drago

Legendary Member
I had a Triumph Team Leader as a kid! C.1982, if memory serves. Aside from cosmetic stuff like the paint, head badge, decals, seat and bar tape it was identical to my mate's Raleighs in every detail. Those mudguards, or what's left of them, didn't come on the bike.

At the time, despite being physically identical, the Triumph was £79.99, some 20 quid cheaper than the Raleighs, which influenced my decision to choose one. Add in the teenage kudos of having something a bit different and I was like a dog with two doo dahs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EltonFrog

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Perhaps I should not have drawn attention to it, it now has a bid that has taken me out of the picture.

Top Bottom