triumph traffic master

what colour green is my 1980 triumph traffic master

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

grandad russ

You are a bit green yourself?
Just wish I'd bought a black bike now,would have been a lot simpler.
Certainly not British Racing green,more Olive green.
Don't think a car shop spray can could be sourced.Much as I like the colour of the bike I cannot see a car ever being sprayed this colour.
Russ

col

Legendary Member
Just wish I'd bought a black bike now,would have been a lot simpler.
Certainly not British Racing green,more Olive green.
Don't think a car shop spray can could be sourced.Much as I like the colour of the bike I cannot see a car ever being sprayed this colour.
Russ
If you know a car sprayer , or friend of a friend of a car sprayer , they can mix any colour you want. my mate was and mixed mine for me years ago. He sprayed it for me too.

OP
OP
G

grandad russ

If you know a car sprayer , or friend of a friend of a car sprayer , they can mix any colour you want. my mate was and mixed mine for me years ago. He sprayed it for me too.
Yeh,have a chum who owns a place spraying up trailers and artics,whether he could mix me up an egg cup full is another matter.

col

Legendary Member
Yeh,have a chum who owns a place spraying up trailers and artics,whether he could mix me up an egg cup full is another matter.
Might be limited with trailers and trucks colours in comparison to cars, but they can mix any amount you want. Matching colour by eye is part of what they do, if no swatch is available.

Bobtoo

Über Member
Is there a picture of the bike in question anywhere, because it looks like silent green to me at the moment. If it's the same as that Raleigh I can remember cars being that colour, mostly Vauxhall Vivas http://www.flickr.com/photos/21031300@N02/4742203080/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/imagetaker1/3648507186/and Hillman Avengers http://www.flickr.com/photos/albertsbite/2654142690/in/photostream/ from the first half of the 1970s.

Your truck spraying mate's supplier will definitely be able to mix some. I've never had it done myself but I'm told that our local paint supplier will mix a single rattlecan's worth, so I imagine others will too.

I realise this thread is a bit old now but was a colour match for a green traffic master ever found? I've had an aerosol mixed up by a local car paint supplier but it's a bit darker.

thegravestoneman

three wheels on my wagon
having read a few threads now I don't know if I should mention them but Halfords do a colour match service for car paint and put it in an aerosol tin. That should be suitable for your bike

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I am sure the op has got fed up looking for the colour, given the bike away, sold it, painted it, kept it as it is or got bored with the whole thing. Delete as applicable.

I would have tried the Humbrol tinlets found in model stores.

Top Bottom