Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex321

Veteran
I noticed that I had put a road tyre back on the wrong way round a couple of days ago. It might make a significant difference on an aggressively treaded MTB tyre but I don't think it matters much at all on a road tyre that is almost slick. I left it as it was.

I found it was noticeable how much more quickly the centre of the tyre looked dry after riding through a patch of wet road, when it was on the right way round..

bobzmyunkle

Über Member
Surely the only time you need to worry about the direction arrow is when you remove the tyre completely, and how often does that happen at the side of the road?
Every time there's nothing obvious sticking in the tyre.

I don't actually worry about the arrow in that situation. But I'd probably check it when I clean the bike.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_4696.JPG

People who leave steering wheels thusly..
Just straighten it up before you switch off... Simples!

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Recording things on TV ,such as F1 to watch later in the evening and then you hear the results on the news before you get to watch it

if anyone ever says "Don't tell me the footie result!" I would always say 2-1 to Arsenal, regardless of who was playing (I don't follow footie)... I got a lot of earache when the result actually was 2-1 to Arsenal :blush:

classic33

Leg End Member
Recording things on TV ,such as F1 to watch later in the evening and then you hear the results on the news before you get to watch it
Worse still is Sky, who when they re-run the whole program*, say who won at the very start of the re-run.

*Usually done for the early morning, our time, races.

Chris S

Legendary Member
Upside down labels on tins. The tin opener won't work on the bottom end. By the time you've realized what has happened the bottom of the tin has been punctured and leaks out liquid when you turn it the right way up.

Top Bottom