Trouble down below

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lpretro1

Saddles are such personal things it is impossible to recommend. I know a good few ladies who swear by their Selle Italia ladies saddles. Assuming she is wearing a good ladies padded short then its may well be more to do with bike setup - get her a proper bike fit. I see an awful lot of ladies with wrong saddle height and over-reaching to bars.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Make sure she isn't wearing pants under her shorts... :whistle:

Mrs P swears by the selle smp saddles. Actually so do I come to think of it.

It is not just about the saddle, it is all about the complete bike fit. A good fit spreads the weight evenly over all the contact points. If too much weight is going through the sit bones discomfort is inevitable. Saddle height is vital - most are too low. Weight through the arms when on the hoods is important too. Just enough - not too much.

vickster

Legendary Member
We are all different, but the bontrager saddles work for me

@markharry66 ive got a black seele Italia diva gel in my spares box (I appear to have more saddles than bikes). £55 retail, she's welcome to it for £30 delivered, has a little bit of wear to the leather. If no good, she can sell it on eBay

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/selle-italia-womens-diva-gel-flow-saddle/

Good wsd shorts help too (I'd be looking to spend £40+), worn commando of course!

Sudocreme for post ride soreness

Globalti

Legendary Member
Changing the saddle is the last resort after checking position, which means height, angle and distance from bars, all adustable.

Next check that she's wearing decent cycle shorts with the pad next to the skin. Next check that she's not over-dressed and getting hot and sweaty, which will cause chafing.

Lastly if it's a fat squidgy saddle, ignore all the above and throw it in the bin. Get her a proper women's saddle like a Charge Ladle and get it set up correctly, as above.

Fat squidgy saddles are the Devil's work as they make you sweat and allow your supporting pelvic bones to sink in, transferring weight to soft tissues.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

Top Bottom