Trp Spyre brake pads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi,

After 5,700 miles it's become obvious that my pads need replacing so just looking for recommendations from anyone using spyres. Is there a noticeable difference in performance and/or lifespan with some of the pads over others? Swisstop organic at £22 seem a lot compared to £9 for Deore, but ax it's such an infrequent replacement in don't mind paying the extra if it'll improve the stopping power significantly.
@jowwy ?

I had no real complaints with the stock pads although I can't tell now what they were as all the branding has worn off.

Also interested to know what kind of mileage people are getting from their pads. I appreciate hilliness of surroundings, rider weight, riding style etc will all affect this.

Cheers,

Andy

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Hi,

After 5,700 miles it's become obvious that my pads need replacing so just looking for recommendations from anyone using spyres. Is there a noticeable difference in performance and/or lifespan with some of the pads over others? Swisstop organic at £22 seem a lot compared to £9 for Deore, but ax it's such an infrequent replacement in don't mind paying the extra if it'll improve the stopping power significantly.
@jowwy ?

I had no real complaints with the stock pads although I can't tell now what they were as all the branding has worn off.

Also interested to know what kind of mileage people are getting from their pads. I appreciate hilliness of surroundings, rider weight, riding style etc will all affect this.

Cheers,

Andy
I havent needed to change mine yet

DRHysted

Guru
Just changed mine at 2000 miles, I must've harder on my brakes!

I just slapped some shimano ones in, so I'd be the interested in other people's opinions of more expensive pads.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Just changed mine at 2000 miles, I must've harder on my brakes!

I just slapped some shimano ones in, so I'd be the interested in other people's opinions of more expensive pads.

Blimey, you hard braker you.

I get about 6000-7000 miles out of mine. A years commuting in all weathers. Cheap as chips DiscoBrakes pads, £6.00 a pair.
No need for anything more expensive imo.

Top Bottom