Trucks, lorries, and tractors tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why the the right hand side of the road, into oncoming traffic?

Follow that one and any traffic behind you will be going in the opposite direction.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
If it's a tractor, you should be overtaking it, not waiting for it to overtake you!

:laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 3010571, member: 9609"]there is a lot of big tractors round here that stot along at 40 mph, esp the fastracs, some hauling massive loads. I really don't like them,[/QUOTE]
Taking it easy then.
On singletrack roads, I'm aware that they have a job to do whilst I may just be out for the ride. So I'll aim to keep their time behind me to a minimum. Safer for me as well, if I can let them past when I feel its safe. They'll be less inclined to try and pass.
Summer months its from job to job, for many. So it makes sense to let them go.
I remain on the left hand side of the road though!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
What is worrying is that a newbie may see these tips and think that this muppett actually knows what he is talking about

I think even the dimmest of twits would think these tips are just rubbish.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I think there needs to a sub forum called "shoot people say", these could then be moved automatically straight across

U

User6179

When they are behind you and want to overtake but they can't because of oncoming traffic.

To options:

1) stay calm and hold atight position to the right hand side of the road and maintain a steady speed. Let them pass you in their own time.

2) if you feel unsafe. Slow down but do not stop, ride on to the pavement or grass verge look at the driver put your hand up and say you can pass. The driver will say thanks as you have clears the road.

You should write a book :smile:

Top Bottom