True....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very rarely on any of my bikes ? What wheels are they ?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Stig-OT-Dump said:
How often do you have to replace spokes / true your wheel?

My back wheel is needing done every 100 - 150 miles or so ;)

What can I do to make it last longer 'cos this is really getting on my moobs.

Moobs is such a great expression ;-) That and 'fruttocks' can be used to describe the features of so many people at work these days :smile:

I had a similar problem with my rear wheel on my Carrera Vulcan, so in the end I bought a new wheel and the problem was sorted. No bother with the new one at all.

I'd have to check what sort they are. Came with the bike (Ridgeback MX4). I weigh around 190lbs - 200lbs and carry up to 30 on top of that in a back pack. I normally have my tyres about 5PSI below max recommended.

Stig-OT-Dump said:

My back wheel is needing done every 100 - 150 miles or so ;)

Definitely something wrong. Explain to LBS and ask for their suggestions, or just buy a new handbuilt wheel from a reputable builder.

Tetedelacourse

the supposedly crappy alexrims that came with my allez never needed trueing (sp?!) in 2.5 years but the shimano r561s are needing done just 6 months / 1000 miles after new. Not very impressive.

My Mavic Aksiums have stayed true out of the box, a year later and they are still perfect.

The Shimano R500's I had before went out of true on the rear if you accidentally rode over a large leaf, and the front collapsed one day without warning.

Mavic whells absolutely rock IMO. Love them.

QuickDraw

Stig-OT-Dump said:

My back wheel is needing done every 100 - 150 miles or so :angry:

A guy in work had this sort of problem he solved it by not parking his bike in those stands that balance the front wheel and end up with the whole weight of the bike balanced on one spoke. No idea if that's the sort fo stand you;re using but it might help.

Top Bottom