Try to nick my bike will ya??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
Once had some guy who d-locked his bike on a very busy tube platform thereby blocking one stairway. I informed BTP and they said they weren't able to remove the bike by force as they would be liable for criminal damage. It wasn't until I started to evacuate the station as a security alert that a track fitter turned up with some HUGE bolt cutters that managed to cut the lock in seconds. ;)

Keith Oates

Janner
Glad it turned out OK, Oddjob62, also impressed by the help you got, the letter will be well worth writing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Nice one. If that'd have been me I'd have been purchasing a gun with a scope and taking up residence on the roof of the building opposite, complete with tent, stove, sleeping bag and fishing line attached to my frame so I knew when the thieving scrotes came back..... ;)

Night Train

Maker of Things
Sh4rkyBloke said:
Nice one. If that'd have been me I'd have been purchasing a gun with a scope and taking up residence on the roof of the building opposite, complete with tent, stove, sleeping bag and fishing line attached to my frame so I knew when the thieving scrotes came back..... ;)
That's what I was thinking. Or replace the bike with one that is booby trapped.:tongue:

Well done on saving your bike. I think the letter to the PCSO's would be much appreciated by them.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
There was a local story on the BBC yesterday about Brighton police were locking trap bikes to railings etc with tracking devices installed. They either track the stolen bikes if they get nicked or word gets round and the thieves aren't sure if they going to be traced. We'll see how it goes.

OP
OP
O

Oddjob62

rich p said:
There was a local story on the BBC yesterday about Brighton police were locking trap bikes to railings etc with tracking devices installed. They either track the stolen bikes if they get nicked or word gets round and the thieves aren't sure if they going to be traced. We'll see how it goes.
Let me know when they add a small amount of C4 under the saddle, set to blow if the bike is moved more than 100ft from its original location :sad:

papercorn2000

Oddjob62 said:
Let me know when they add a small amount of C4 under the saddle, set to blow if the bike is moved more than 100ft from its original location :biggrin:

I would only us e very small amount - enough to blow off a hand or a couple of fingers.
Then when you see him writhing and screaming in agony, you confront him and stamp on his other hand ensuring that all of the delicate bones are broken. Find out from him where he lives. Drag him round to his home and set it on fire - when his family run out escaping the flames, shoot them down in cold blood. Track down his parents and kill them. Blow up his local pub. Find his probation officer and decapitate him. Put out his eyes with a corkscrew and pull out his tongue with pliers. Hacksaw off his legs at the knees.
THAT should do the trick.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Of course it does make you wonder what the PCSOs would have done had you actually been the thief claiming someone else had put your lock in their bike!

OP
OP
O

Oddjob62

papercorn2000 said:
I would only us e very small amount - enough to blow off a hand or a couple of fingers.
I was aiming for a different target (imagine them cycling away on my booby-bike :blush:)

papercorn2000 said:
Blow up his local pub.
Sorry, but as a CAMRA member i cannot let you do that :tongue:

I might be being thick here, but how did you prove to them it was your bike? I know your key obviously fitted your lock, but then, the potential thief's key would have fitted the other one, with no way of telling which lock was there first. What am I missing????

Edit: Oops...just realised flying monkey was wondering the same thing!

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Night Train said:
That's what I was thinking. Or replace the bike with one that is booby trapped.;)

Well done on saving your bike. I think the letter to the PCSO's would be much appreciated by them.

They should sell little bike thief maiming kits alongside punture repair kits. Just an ounce of semtex (around which you can pack shrapnel of your choice) in an innocuous looking tube, a detonator, some wires and a mercury tilt switch. It would be bound to be a big seller.

OP
OP
O

Oddjob62

The bike was parked outside the front door of my office, for which i also had a security fob. I also gave them all my details and showed them ID. TBH yes i could have been steeling someone elses bike, but to do that from in front of your own doorstep... that WOULD have been gutsy hehe.

Top Bottom