Trying to get a pair of Schwalbe Smart Sam's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

Whilst out on the Ebike on the 12th I got a puncture, on investigation I found this in the tyre

Although I thought I could risk another tube it would be a weak point so decided to buy another tyre, so ordered a replacement from ebay (well 2) on the 12th with delivery on the 15th, tracking number appeared on the 13th so thought all was good. Still no delivery by the 18th no movement on the tracking number, so I cancelled the order. The ebay seller to their credit has come back confirming they had lost over 20 parcels in the warehouse & although scanned had never been shipped to the courier. I then ordered from Rose Bikes who claimed delivery would be 3 business days which would be on the 22nd, still awaiting for anything from them other than an order confirmation, no responses to email, no tracking number, I understand there are current difficulties but if it's a stock issue then be honest, stop taking peoples money if you can't cope, I have a bike sat here I can't ride, I threw the old tyre in the wheelie bin which has since been collected.

They may be Smart, those Sams, but not much good at repairing saddles

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
They may be Smart, those Sams, but not much good at repairing saddles
It does look like a gash in the saddle but is actually a rather large shard of stone(?) resting on the saddle(spoon?).
Online/mail order deliveries do seem to be a bit hit'n'miss at the moment. I have received items in just a few days when I have expected to be arguing about failure to supply, but conversely am waiting after nearly 2 weeks for things that should be a formality.
I think some companies are experiencing genuine delivery chain issues while others are clearly taking the p!ss and accepting orders and payment for stock they do not have and cannot hope to obtain in any realistic time frame.
I think the long-term repercussions for companies that abuse the current situation for short-term gain will outweigh immediate benefits as the public will be very wary of forgiving the worst offenders!

You are lucky I had a overnight delivery to be delivered on the 9th and got an email with delivery time. Still waiting! Managed to get through to the couriers delivery depot (one up for them most don't even have a phone number) She (the temp poor girl) assured me it would be out tomorrow,
sorry about that tomorrow,
sorry about that tomorrow,
sorry about that tomorrow.
Still no?right I will get the manager to ring you. No phone call.
Rung supplier who had been trying to sort it out himself. They too had had enough and are sending out another case of Dunkertons cider today by a different courier.
With a bit of luck I will get compensation....the original case will turn up!!!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Blimey, well that fooled me good and proper. Apologies to the op for trying to be a smart alec :shy:

No apology needed, I was just trying to save bandwidth, do these make more sense

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'd be tempted to glue a couple of tyre patches inside that and continue using it. I remember back in the day when puncture repair kits contained a little patch of rubberised cloth just for that purpose.....

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I'd be tempted to glue a couple of tyre patches inside that and continue using it. I remember back in the day when puncture repair kits contained a little patch of rubberised cloth just for that purpose.....
Unfortunately I was going to then SIL made a throwaway comment that he wouldn't want to use it as it would be a weak spot, so I chucked it in the wheelie bin which was collected last Wednesday so it's not an option.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

After 7 days Rose bikes are still showing the order as processing, that one now has been cancelled or at least I've tried to cancel if but they aren't responding, found a pair on Wiggle ordered, let's see if they turn up!

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Ebay Seller Fail
Rose Bikes (who although have https://www.rosebikes.co.uk are a German company) Fail
Wiggle SUCCESS!! Ordered & delivered on time, exactly as they said they would.

Offered the tyre up to the rim & put on one side without any tools, put in the tube & then went to get the other side on, wouldn't go on without levers but was reasonable easy, then proceeded to rotate the rim to ensure there was no trapped tube butfore final inflation & the tyre dropped off the side I'd just had to use levers to get one, how does that work? Had to use levers to get it back on again :laugh:

Top Bottom