Trying to get the politicians and municipalities to take us seriously

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bigal1956

Regular
We all love a good safe ride as well as being respected while we're out there but that's hard to do when we behave as badly as the drivers who are trying to kill us !! when we smarten up and behave then we might have a chance, let's smarten some of these self-gratification artists up shall we !!

when we behave as badly as the drivers who are trying to kill us !!
Every day I try to kill a motorist - but so far each time I bounce off their steel cages.

Got any tips?? I'm running out of unbroken limbs!

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I drive a car and ride my bike with the same attitude- being respectful and helpful is a mindset. Aggression achieves nothing, and deliberately being difficult with an idiot in a vehicle or on a bike, for the sake of it, only makes things worse for the next person the idiot meets.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Cyclists who don't stick to the rules of the road don't deserve any respect or consideration from anyone else. They're a bunch of f***wits who give us all a bad name. If you want other road users to recognise your right to be there and use the roads, then don't do RLJ's and all the other dumb arse stunts that 50% of cyclists in London at least, seem to pull.

let's smarten some of these self-gratification artists up shall we !!
What are you on about?

boydj

Legendary Member
We all love a good safe ride as well as being respected while we're out there but that's hard to do when we behave as badly as the drivers who are trying to kill us !! when we smarten up and behave then we might have a chance, let's smarten some of these self-gratification artists up shall we !!

Are you for real?

Apart from the odd PoB on the pavement, I very rarely see cyclists misbehaving, yet the number of badly behaved (and therefore dangerous) drivers that I see every day when I'm cycling and driving is out of order. Speeding and tailgating being the most common issues when I'm in my car, close passing, tailgating or passing and cutting in too quickly when I'm cycling.

The key point is that a cyclist misbehaving is putting him/herself in danger, while a driver misbehaving is putting everybody else in danger.

I would guess you don't cycle regularly on busy city streets and have never commuted by bike.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Cycle in a country which has a good walking and cycling infrastructure; what a surprise, car/cyclist/pedestrian conflicts become distant memories. Apart from the bl**dy tourists🤪

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Nah, the implication is that cyclists will not get safety and respect from drivers until no cyclist behaves badly. That’s crap and going along with it reinforces it.
Can't speak for others G- just what I do every day... there are idiots on the road with issues who use their vehicles with intent.

Top Bottom