Trying to stay motivated . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpareSprocket

Morning all, stumbled across this site yesterday evening but only just registered.

I'm a long time cycling who was once very active riding both on and off-road, did a few races, time trials and even built mountain bike trails for a living for a while.

But then life got in the way ( = kids) and the time for cycling got less and less. Thankfully my son is old enough to cycle now (and loves it) and over the summer we did quite a lot. I'm just hoping to maintain my enthusiasm as the weather turns colder and wetter . . .

Looking forward to chatting with others on here and getting inspired. I'm based in South-east Wales near Abergavenny which has a pretty vibrant cycle scene but I just haven't got back in to it yet.

Eribiste

Careful with that axle Eugene
Welcome to the show. I think you'll find that there's quite a few 'lapsed' cyclists making a return to the fold on the forum, myself included.

OP
OP
S

SpareSprocket

You're telling me - I can remember when you could pick up a pair of purple anodised bar ends for less than a tenner ! I tend only to buy things as and when I really need them and they are reduced. Keeping an eye on CyberCycle.co.uk for bargains helps keep the cost down.

DeepBurn

Über Member
I'm new to cycling (as an adult at least) - picked up a hybrid for £99 back in July and absolutely love riding.

I too have kids and it is a real struggle to get out on the bike sometimes even when you really want to. So, what I have done is penciled in a long ride next year over 4 days from London to Paris. That way my wife knows I have to train in order to be fit enough to do it next year! ^_^

As for the weather: Cold & dark yes but actually November & December are often drier than many people realise. Quite often we get clear skies and frosts and more rain in the summer months! It's a good way to look at it in my opinion!

Top Bottom